horses

Rhoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:18 pm 
Post subject: horses
i know a few of us have or ride or have ridden horses so i thought i would make a wee post to chat about our equine adventures Smile

i have a TBXarab thingy on loan hes 15.3 and 21 but acts like hes 2 Rolling Eyes hes brilliant i love him so much his owner is a air hostess so when shes away i look after him. but atm hes not very well. hes split his hoof right up to the coronary band and has had to have it stabled and is on box rest for 2 weeks i feel so bad for him hes the kind of horse who wants to be out all the time but hes coping fab atm even being on his own during the day hes normally a very nervous boy who needs companionship of another horse but we bought him a mirror for his stable and that seems to be working Laughing

riding wise hes semi retired.. we hack a lot mostly and go swiming in the loch lol hes great fun though but he has this habit of being a bit fruity... typical tb i guess its like his wee brain floats out his ears n he forgets what hes doing and confuses himself n gets a bit stupid but at the same time put him in heavy traffic he just puts his head down and trots through it like whats the problem! i do love his wee crazy bum lol
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hey! You know I have a pony but I thought I'd join the thread. Todburn Tiger, or Jake to his loyal servants Very Happy is 17 years old, a TB by Java Tiger and he has been owned by my family for 7 years. He's 16.3hh, bright bay with a white star and one white hind sock. He was bought for my brother to event and then I stole him when my brother went to uni. He is a superstar, I was too scared to jump before we got him after cracking my spine but he's taken me BE and placed at open Novice, we've been placed twice at the Trailblazers final and have got BD points at Elementary. He's taking things a bit more easily now but is teaching my OH to ride. No one's told him he's meant to be a TB, he thinks he's a WB. He is living out at the moment but he'll start coming in soon. He's my horse of a lifetime, I love him and even my OH describes him as family!
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
id love to teach mick to ride but i dont think putting him on asti would be a good idea... well its different him walking down the road on him with me at his head lol but hes certainly not for the novice. hes chucked so many people even those who think they are fab riders Rolling Eyes
do you think your l/o will ride? kates sat on asti before and squealed and laughed but she loved my friends wee mare spring whos a fruit cake but totally adores people she was pulling her nose n everything but spring was just like ahhhh she loves me lol
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Jake's very good - he knows exactly who's riding him and how good he can be - when OH is on him, he's good as gold, when my brother rides him, he's a little rat! I really hope Izzy will ride - she's got a rocking horse that she loves already and she likes watching the racing and going to see Jake (I don't dare put her on him - he's too big for me to hold her properly!!) I'd love to see her on a little round welsh mountain pony (I don't like Shetlands personally!!) If she doesn't want to, I'd never force her but even the other half was saying that it'd be nice if Izzy wanted to ride (woop woop, one pony please!!) x
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:09 am 
Post subject:
Awww love this post! I don't have a horse and haven't for years, since I was 10 Sad I started riding lessons a few years ago and hoped to do some sort of course to learn how to care for a horse in the hope of getting one on part loan as I worked away part of the week.
I then fell pregnant with Archie and was thinking about it again but am now pregnant again Very Happy
Managed to get my oh on a horse a few times and he seemed to enjoy it!
We took Archie to a Clydesdale breending centre and he loved them! There was one that took an instant shine to him and nuzzled into Archie's face! Was so cute!
x x

hannahthompson
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:17 am 
Post subject:
Hello... I like so much horse riding. I like watching the racing and going to see Jake and took an instant shine to him and nuzzled into Archie's face! thank you.
swindy43
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 am 
Post subject:
I like it too.So interesting!
tiilyy
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 am 
Post subject:
hi just thought this was a good place 2 ask this question... i have 2 horses corban - who is 17.2hh warm blood x ID mare she is 6 and ollee- a 16.3hh cleavland bay X tb mare who is 17 they are both pretty lively but i love them Very Happy iam almost 5 weeks pregnant how far in2 my pregnancy is it safe 4 me ride them ??
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Totally personal preference hun. I know people who rode up to the point they couldn't fit their bump onto the saddle! I personally stopped riding at 9 weeks - I had a MC prior to having Isobel and didn't want to take any risks. My horse is a 16.3hh Thoroughbred and can be giddy (even though he's 18 this year!). It really comes down, in my opinion, to how much risk you're prepared to take - I know if I'd fallen off and anything had happened to Isobel, I'd never have forgiven myself. I was lucky, I had a friend and my brother to ride Jake to keep him ticking over and I've never regretted the decision. Daisy Berkley and Mary King have both completed big three day events at 5 months pregnant. If you feel safe and comfortable, go for it. I still looked after Jake the whole time I was pregnant (mucked out on the day I went into hospital!) which kept me fit ish!! xxx
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:58 am 
Post subject:
ooo I LOVE horses!!! They are my favourite!! I had a little connie X called Charlie but he retired when he was 14 as he had arthiritis in his back and hips, then he was pts not long after Crying or Very sad He was my baby, we went to shows with my friend every weekend and he loved it, we did the clear round and games but thats all, we mainly went for the fun of a day out and charlie got really exited with all the other horses!!he liked to just wonder round and would actually stand with me to watch the others! lol plus my friend had a tb who didnt like to travel on his own and was a wimp so we went to help keep him abit calmer bless him lol

Charlie was the best pony ever, i miss him dearly, i could get on him bareback and wander around with just a headcollar on he was such a sweetie. He did buck sometimes and he had used to nap really bad going hacking on his own! I broke him in to drive too! so I rode and drove him. I now ride at a local stables as havent got time for my own horse, but would like to get one on part loan eventually! I have a 3year old son called bradley, he has been with me on the yard with his mini wheelbarrow helping me muck out and poo pick he likes to get his own bit off poo in his wheel barrow it is soo cute!!He has been on a 16hh irish sports horse that i ride and he loved it! Smile
blackalice82
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 am 
Post subject:
I love horse too.
sharlene93
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi i have a 16.2HH IDxTB her name is penny but her bsja name was farra diamond she is the spitting image of black beauty but dark bay i love her too, i had been cantering her best friend sophie in a field when she stopped all of a sudden and flung me 10 feet into the air and still to this day i say its because she could sense i was pregnant i didnt know at the time but nothing happened i am 20 weeks tomorrow and have a big healthy baby just a pitty i cant ride anymore it was my only hobby x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular