how do i learn how to knit?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 am 
Post subject: how do i learn how to knit?
id love to able to knit, but how can i learn?

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject:
You can get some great books now, amazon has some good ones, I taught my DD (11) to knit a while ago and she picked it up really quickly ,(it's dead simple really your just making loops on the needle then making another loop through that on the next row and there are only two basic stitches that make up most simple patterns and even they're just the same stitch but one is back to front Laughing ) a lot of the adults books use abbreviations though which can be tricky when you're starting out so if you get a book aimed at kids just to teach you the basics then you can use it for your girls if you want to teach them when they're older ,amazon also do sets with all the most used sizes of needles in quite cheaply and knitting patterns too xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:59 am 
Post subject:
thanx nat ill take a look.

fionap
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
The happy hooker taught me to crochet and there is a matching knitting one but I cant for the life of me remember what it is called! If there is a local stitch and [*CENSORED*] near you there might be someone who coukd show you one to one. As Nat said there are only two stitches which you use in various ways to make up other patterns so there isnt much to learn!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular