Getting pregnant after contraseptive pill..depo..implant!!

sarahalex89
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:56 pm 
Post subject: Getting pregnant after contraseptive pill..depo..implant!!
Hello everyone my names Sarah and im 21 im new to this...I've been on contraceptive since i was 12 due to heavy periods mood swings etc..i started off on the pill but that made me worse..then i had the depo which was fine and now i've been on the implant for nearly 5years..im worried that after so long on these things that it will of ruined my chances is this true or should my body get back to normal when i have it removed? just a bit concerned so any advice will be highly appreciated as me and my partner want to start trying for our own lil baby Smile xx
JJennyx
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hello hun. I was on the pill then the implant i had m ine for bout 5yrs aswell (best thing ever lol) anyway when i was tlking to the doctor who took mine out and she with al other contraceptions it can take time to come out of your system but she said with the implant i could ov concived the night i had it took out. So dont worry im sure it will all work out in the end. Good luck trying. x
sarahalex89
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 am 
Post subject:
Hiya hun thanks for the advise i had it removed just over two weeks ago..nothing yet but its still early days..yeah my doc said same to me she gave me some folic acid and said its best to wait till i've had at least one period so hopefully by end o next year i'll have a bambino Surprised) gl to you if your trying x
JJennyx
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:26 am 
Post subject:
Hello sarah, sorry for the late reply.
Hope you are ok and are getting on well trying. Me my self i have been of my implant around 3mnth, well im on my 3rd period, so im hoping now im back to normall as i think it takes a while to get everything back to normall.
Good luck and loads of baby dust to you.
x x x
Mcully8
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I was on implant for approx a year I had a 3 month long period so they eventually took it out and put me on depo. I came off after about 8 years I fell pregnant within a month but it was ectopic so had to have tube removed! About a year later on our honeymoon I conceived and have a daughter who will be 2 in April, after her birth I went back on depo for a year, i came off last march but am still unfortunately waiting for my periods!

Others tell me because were all different it can differ in the length of time it takes to start propper fertility again be paintent and it will happen! Good luck x
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular