really could cry :'(

XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:57 pm 
Post subject: really could cry :'(
just been told by a social worker that we have been put on hold untill i finish my councelling as she thinks i wont be able to cope with the whole process.
i know she was just thinking of my health but i am perfectly capable of dealing with the adoption process. some things are a bit raw still but it wouldnt affect anything.
im really upsett now because i have no idea wen my councelling will start let alone finish.
we just made the decition to stop ttc and go for adoption and now she has basically sed no Sad i think i may go for a huge cry now

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
oh no Sad
i really really didnt think that depression would effect the adoption process.
when did the doc tell you that you had been refered for counselling? it took about 3 weeks from my appointment with the gp to the mental health team to get in touch.
did she say that you can start your adoption journey when counselling is finished? because you can finish your counselling whenever you choose! so dont get too disheartened hunny Smile can you get a letter from gp or whoever is helping you to sya that you are stable enough to deal with this?
this may also help you to overcome your depression? as in something to look forward to and work towards, i know obviously not gonna happen overnight, but may help Smile
good luck hun, and i hope you are not waiting too long xXx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Im so sorry. I hope ur counselling goes well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular