massage during pregnancy

xemmax
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:38 pm 
Post subject: massage during pregnancy
is it safe to have any kind of massage during pregnancy? im 7 weeks pregnant, and a beauty therapy student, so obviously have lots of things done to my body including massage, i have tried to avoid this but my tutor has not been too sympathetic and im feeling force into recieving massage when im not totally convinced that i should be. Is it safe or not, i have heard mixed things xx
KeikiCarrier
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:50 am 
Post subject: Massage during pregnancy
It is safe to recieve a massage during pregnancy I get one every week by a trained prenatal therapist and I am 9 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. But there are certain areas that should be stimulated such as your hands and feet. Aslo, massages during the time that you are nauseated are not good - this increases your circulation which increases your morning sickness.

Caution******* do not let just anyone massage you - only a certified prenatal practitioner should massage you during the first trimester - it is not only safe!

One of the reasons many practitioners and spas refuse to massage first-trimester clients is the fear of causing a miscarriage. Also, if massage is performed during the first trimester, rocking movements should be avoided, as they may increase nausea, and abdominal massage should not be performed.

Bottomline: Be careful. Also, go on the internet and read what massage therapist recommend.

I hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular