What do you have for Christmas dinner ?

NicolaOasis
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:24 am 
Post subject:
babymakes5 wrote:
we have everyone round to our house (about 20-25 people) starting at 8 am for full english brekkie then prezzies, then everyone leaves around 11-12 , so we get the ret of the day with the kids.
then its prawn with lobster etc cocktail the largest turkey crown hubby can get off his butcher friend -usually enough to feed 12!! then theres stuffing yorkies brussels all the veg , goose fat roast pots, mini sausages in bacon everything!!!! then theres choc pudding n custard with a jd kicker!! and cheese n crackers. plus ten ton of choc already eaten throughout the day , boxing day consists of a running amount of turkey cheese crackers twiglets etc whatever you can find all topped off with a glass of baileys for mummy!!!!! Laughing plus we always have a sparkley bottle of something to drink and when the kids were very small used to get them special champagne in childs for ie from tescos in a special bottle!! now they have a small glass with us!!

OMG you're like superwoman !!!!!! I couldnt handle that many people in my house xx
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
its actually easier for me i get up early start cooking everything then everyone comes round eats open prezzies n bugger off home by 11 then the rest of the days mine well when i say mine cooking starts again for a late dinner, this year tho xmas dinner will be the day after boxing day oh at work xmas and boxing day so i really can do bugger all lol!! we tried it visiting everyone but we were out all day so the kids didnt get to play really, this way the kids njoy their day, oh moans about it every year until i point out he would have to drive ALL day he he he xx hope everyone has a lovely christmas xx
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
I usually do christmas with my family have done for years. Last year was my first christmas without the kids and it was very odd, best bit of the day was my phone call from my other half who was overseas with his work. This year its just me and the kids as OH is spending the day with his daughter (his ex won't let her spend time with me and the kids, so I think her choice to give him christmas day was designed to spoil our christmas). We are having boxing day together, doing the whold big dinner thing (going to try the 3 bird roast for the meat eaters (not me), been baking today in preperation, 2 dozen mince pies (with homemade mince meat), 2dozen sausage rolls, 3 dozen fairy cakes, 2 dozen jam tarts and the swiss roll ready to make the yule log. All stuck in the freezer now, so hopefully will have a stress free few days before chirstmas!
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular