66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6
StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 am 
Post subject: Trick or Treaters - do you answer?
I just wondered if any of you do/don't open the door to trick or treaters.
This year is my first proper time of being in a house with OH (we were in a flat last year), and I know there are a handful of kids in the neighbourhood so no doubt they'll knock. I know one from a neighbour who has a babe a bit younger than mine.
But I'm not sure if I want to open the door or not. When do trick or treaters normally knock? I don't want any waking Isabelle or disturbing our bedtime routine - but then I feel a bit mean that I won't even give those who knock a sweet or two!
What do you do?

lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
if its dressed up lo's i answer, if its cheeky teens trying to chance it they can bog off, and after 9pm nobody gets answered to. but everyone knows weve got a new baby, and just like when my older ones were lots younger, that fact was usually respected xxx
Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't used to until i had my own kids. We bought some sweets one year and nobody came. Laughing Laughing Last year someone called so we opend the door and our 2 year old screamed the place down, she was terrified. Laughing Laughing

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Ive been in my house since 1997 and i have never answered. I just cant be doing with it.

But im definitely doing it all this year for Aimee's sake. Knowing my luck, nobody will come to my door and i'll be left with all the sweets ........and im on a diet !
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
I don't as it's not a British tradition - it's American and I can't be doing with it.
I don't think its right to encourage children to knock on strangers doors.
If we knew any children in our area I think it would be a different matter, but as we live in a street populated by elderly people and couples with young babies its not at all apporpriate.

xBradenandDitax
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
i open the door!!! my god we sit at the door waiting for them to come, 4or 14 or even 40 i dont care, aslong as they have made the effort its cute!!!!
xx

Floop
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Halloween is apparently an Irish thing not American Shocked Confused

I always open the door infact I had my first last week. I told them that even though they looked scary they had to come back on fright night lol

It made me chuckle though cos they are little del boys always trying to make a few quid for sweets Laughing Laughing

Annoy me and I will sit on you.... and it will hurt! Smile
elephants
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
i said no as in our last house for 3 years on the trot noone came Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Laughing but we are now in a new house so i will buy a tub just in case Wink
XxRonansMummyxX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
i answered yes but im always at my moms house for haloween and i answer her door instead Very Happy Very Happy

[

3 Angel babies. Lost but still loved so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Seasonal Celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular