Anyone else Cross Stitch?

StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:28 pm 
Post subject: Anyone else Cross Stitch?
As above!
I've done a few projects and am working on more, but thought it'd be nice for those who do stitch to share what they've done and are doing.

I need ideas on something to make Paul's mum for Christmas but have no idea! I've just finished this for my parents from Isabelle:

Am working on this... Itwas supposed to be for my parents 25th anniversary but that was last year...
So trying to complete by Christmas! But the white is soo boring! Rolling Eyes

My most proudest project was this:

I'm also doing my own cards this year so making lots of Christmas ones, and a bookmark for my sister. And also I'm stitching my own pattern onto a blank scarf for her. I need more time!!

Anyone else? x

LibbysMummy
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

I love to cross-stitch!!! I wish i had more time to do it now, but by the time libby is in bed i'm too tired!!! I've done loads in my time though... I love the fact you have pictures of the ones you've done, i should do that!

Have you got any projects on the go now?

Vx

ClairaBell
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:10 am 
Post subject:
I love cross stitch so much I think its really relaxing. But I know what you mean about white? Smile I hate cross-stitching big areas of white - it seems to take forever and drives me mad.

I have a few things going on at the minute. I will try and take some piccies to put up, xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:24 am 
Post subject:
I love cross stitching but haven't done any for ages. By the time I've eaten I just want to sleep at the moment! Am supposed to be making Christmas cards but think I may have to resort to buying them this year

LilMissPea
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
Wow..you girls are serious crossstitchers!!!
I found an eeyore 1 i started about 5 years ago decided i want 2 finish it 4 baby when they come, been really enjoying it but it takes ages Laughing

ClairaBell
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 am 
Post subject:
I have just started a cross stitch for my sisters wedding. Shes not getting married until August but I wanted to get it done.

I started it the weekend and i am about halfway though, so fingers crossed I should finish it this weekend. When I am in the middle of one, I usually bring it to work and do it in my lunch hour. x
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
I do a lot of cross stitching, knitting and crochet find it really relaxing. If anybody wants a look at some of what i have done have a look here http://community.webshots.com/user/cuddles_x

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, I don't have a hobby per se, just being nosey looking at what people do in their spare time to relax. stacey your pictures are amazing! I wish I had a steady hand and patience to be able to do creative things xx
swindy43
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:09 am 
Post subject:
I do a lot of cross stitching
catcrazy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
WOW Stacy your cross stitches are beautiful !!

I am also a feelow cross stitcher I have done some smaller projects but I tend to do DMC stitch a photos now for others I have a long waiting list LOL it keeps me busy and I love it!

This is one of my best mates two kids

This is my nephew Joshua I gave it my sister for christmas

Maria xx

Spuunionnn
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Wow Maria, your photo cross stitches are awesome. I got back into cross stitching again last year when I went through a severe bout of depression as I found it was a great way to keep my hands and brain active. I made an anniversary stitch for my best friend for her wedding and gave it to her as a Christmas present.
I work as an English teacher so I am making bookmarks for my colleagues for Christmas this year and working on a baby birth stitch for the aforementioned bestie.

Am starting to get into quilting as well at the moment so I'm hoping the skills will king of transfer over.

bluestar201270
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:07 am 
Post subject:
I love cross stitch so much
sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a cross stitcher too. I've done a wedding sampler for a friends wedding, made my own wedding stationary with it, done a big stone henge picture, a birth sampler(yet to finish Sad ) and xmas tree decorations. I love it but with the LO i've not had much time. I love those photos, they are gorgeous. I've just bought a sewing machine, so hopefully can do some other projects too.

scotchmi5t
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Wow, love the photos. Never knew you could do that! I've been cross stitching since I was about 8 (so that's 19 years!). Haven't done many recently as I'm always working or doing something or another so tend just to do them as gifts for friends/family. Much easier to make cross-stich pictures rather than buying something they don't want or like!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular