my one years old doesn't eat lamp food

Yuliya
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject: my one years old doesn't eat lamp food
Hi everyone. My son is almost 13 months and he is still eating only purées. When we tried to give him anything else he is vomiting as soon as smallest piece of food gets in his stomach. He doesn't interesting in any finger food, just threw it out. We keep trying but no success. Will take on board any advise what to do. Thanks. Sad
Ren
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: my one years old doesn't eat lamp food
My daughter used to gag alot when we introduced lumpy food.
we firstly stuck with the same foods baby likes but make less smooth each time. cauliflower cheese was a good one as you can just mash
I also found encouraging my daughter to chew by doing the action really helped and giving water to help the food go down.
As for finger foods - rice cakes are good to get them used to putting food in their mouth

Hope all goes well

Ren
stephanieclarke
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject:
maybe something that tases nice might encourage your baby to have lumpy food,i suppose the most important thing is he is getting enough nourishment.
the other thing is now my baby eats nothing else but solids he sometimes gets constipated.
has he got any teeth yet?
littleyellowduck
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,

We had a smilar problem with our little man, it took him about 6 months to accept lumpy food.

We would prepare two lots of food each and every meal, one lumpy and one smooth, and we would try him with at least one spoonful of lumpy food each meal, very slowly he accepted the lumpy food and six months later he eats them with conficence.

I think another thing we did was make the purees thicker and thicker using baby rice.

Your little one will get through this, he will get there, and if he is still eating the purees then he is getting his nutrition.

xxx
carriedoneer
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:44 pm 
Post subject: why kids dont eat solids
the trend to introduce solids has changed. people didnt used to do this till 15-16 months. I think the baby should see a doctor if he is throwing up food. Theres a difference btwn throwing up and gagging. if he actually throws up after eating he may still have some gag reflex issues that need to be addressed. in all of my experience the reason most babies arent eating solids by a certain age is twofold a)baby is largely breastfed at breast. these babies are MUCH slower to accept solid food. b)parents become frustrated because baby makes mess and throws food so parent stops trying. It took me TWO MONTHS to get my baby to eat finger foods and I kept trying different ones. cut up pizza worked best and I had to eat it first. My kitchen was a disaster area. Also I found kids HATE those lumpy foods. they dont like mixes of puree and lumps, its confusing. Stick with either totally pureed or finger foods. If your child is drinking milk or eating meat and enough pureed fruits and veggies, dont worry, he/she is healthy and fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular