When to tell children?

bibiche
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 pm 
Post subject: When to tell children?
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has had same experience as me and would need advice please. I have 2 boys from a previous marriage and a little girl with my new partner and I am now 9 weeks pregnant!! Just don't know when to tell the boys. Not sure how they are going to react as they will prob think I am too old(42) and that one extra little sister is plenty. Really apprehensive although they love their sister...my 14 years old is difficulot at the meoent anyway and jsut think its going to tip the balance in the wrong direction!

Thank you
xxx
Jigamoo
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi, well first off congrats!!!
i can't say my advise would help as your kids are alot older than mine, but i would tell them after your 12 weeks pregnant and try to pick a time when family routine is at it's best- eg, i wouldn't say anything during them getting back into the way of school after they are off for halloween but wait until usual routine, like going to school, is back on track. kids like there routine, its a comfort thing for them too i think, something to rely on. also if they are going through any probs themselves i would wait until they are resolved so they don't feel the baby news is coming before there probs.

hope that helps! x

Katiepillar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:01 pm 
Post subject:
Congrats on your pregnancy!
We told my 8 year old step son at about 11 weeks, but I think he had alreadt sort of figured it out!! He took it better than expected which was good as he is quite a challenging young man!
I think teenagers are always going to be a little funny as they know where babies come from if you get what I mean!! I agree with Jigamoo too about picking a time when routine is good and they aren't overwhelemd by their own problems.
Hope all goes well for you and best of luck with telling the kids.

bibiche
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much, all makes senses. Love this site xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular