3rd pregnancy!!!!!!!!!

theresa2109
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject: 3rd pregnancy!!!!!!!!!
I'm 35 and 6 weeks pregnant, I have previously had 2 miscarriages and am worried sick that something will go wrong, like all us pregnant mums I assume!!
My midwife has offered me an early scan but said it may be best if I can to wait til bout 10 weeks as there is more to be seen.
Any suggestions??? x
[/b][/i]
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
if u can try to wait, like mw said u will see lots more if u wait. and if u go to early u will worry baby isnt developing properly.
theresa2109
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:15 am 
Post subject: Thanks!! x
Thanks for your reply yes I know your right and I should wait only a few more weeks and cross fingers all will be well.

Thanks for taking time out to reply xxx
LadyKaty
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya,

I'm 24 and have 1 DS who is nearly 6, and I too have had 2 previous miscarriages before conceiving this one!

I am also 6 weeks pregnant and rang my Early Pregnancy Advisory Centre at my local hospital to see if I can be booked in for a scan. The midwife who helped me with my last miscarriage told me to ring up at 6 weeks, but the midwife I spoke to yesterday told me to wait until 8 weeks, as it will be more clear and I won't be worrying so much if I just see a little blob!

I think we'll both just have to try and be patient! Even though it's incredibly hard as I've got everything crossed for this pregnancy!

Take care,

Katy
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
hi, im 15 wks pregnant with second child...i had no end of problems with bleeding ect for the first 9 weeks, my first scan was at 6 weeks 4 days, it showed a healthy heart beat which was the main thing, i then had another at 8 wks 4 days where again we saw and heard the heartbeat by the ultrasound scan so i would advise if your really worried get in early for the scan as it was good for peace of mind to know the heart was beating.
dawn x
theresa2109
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, thanks for your reply.

Yes I have managed to get a scan for next wed and going on my dates I should then be 7 weeks and 3 days so cross fingers all goes well. I'll let you know

Good luck with your pregnancy

xxx
theresa2109
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Hi there Katy,

Well unfortunately waiting got the better of me, I'm book in for a scan next wed wen I should then be 7 + 3 days so hopefully if all goes well I shold stop worrying.

Lety me know how you get on

Theresa xxx
joliver
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

I am about 9 weeks preg now and I suffered a miscarriage and I am proper paranoid - the slightest litle thing and i think its going to go wrong

i was told that i could have a scan at 6 weeks when i had my miscarrigae but on attending the doctors (first midwife apt) she said i would just have to wait until my 12 week scan - 18th feb cant come quick enough for me

Jo
theresa2109
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, yes I'm totally paranoid 2, its easy for family to tell you not to worry isn't it. Well my mw told me to ring the ante natal clinic direct and let them know my history and they kindly booked me in for next week.
My mc were missed too ao didn't loose the babies myself and only found out on scans that all had gone wrong. I'm having cramps too so every one I have I worry.

Worry worry worry ha ha it doesn't do us good does it

xxx
joliver
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
I know what ur saying all i hear is that people know people who have had miscarriages and have gone on to have healthy babies and it will be ok

its easier said than done though - its the most horrible thing to go through and cant describe it to anyone they just dont understand

i dunno whether to ring up now to try and get an early scan - im at the week i lost it the last time so its a very worrying time at the min anyway

Oh well fingers crossed
Jo
theresa2109
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jo.

Ye I totally understand, it takes over doesn;t it, its all you think about 24/7. Oh i would defo give them a call and explain how worried you are and they should squeeze you in, tell them that all the worry is really not good for you and a quick early scan will put your mind at rest. They were lovely in my hospital and should understand.

Let me know how you get on

xxx
joliver
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:46 pm 
Post subject:
thanks for that i might ring em later

will let you know how i get on

Jo
joliver
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
theresa

let me know how u get on with ur scan as well

Jo x
joliver
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Called the Hospital

She said i just need to be patient and wait for my 12 week scan - great ehhh

oh well three weeks on Monday to go - cant come quick enough

Jo
theresa2109
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jo,

O poor you, I can understand I bet it feels like ages away it will be here before you know it. What area do you live in then?

T xxx

How you feeling, talk about worrying silly my nausea hasn't been as bad the last 2 days so I'm worried something has gone wrong again. Tiredness real bad tho and boobs weigh a tonne.

xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular