sleepless nights

amanda22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:18 am 
Post subject: sleepless nights
My son lewis is 11 months old and from being 3 days old he slept right through the night. He started teething wen he was about 10 weeks old although he didnt get any teeth til 6 months, but since the teething process began he wakes up during the night constantly. He will wake up every 40 mins screaming and could be up another 4 or 5 times throughout the night. Before he goes to bed he has a bath clean nappy on, bonjela applied if hes been teething throughout the day and a bottle of warm milk which he falls asleep on (which i feed him). I dont understand why he wont sleep because he only has a 20 minute cat nap on a morning at about 11am and maybe one on an afternoon for the same amount of time.

I would be grateful for any advice that people have to offer Sad Confused
stephanieclarke
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 am 
Post subject:
i have had a hard time wiht my sons teeth,he got his first tooth at four months and he is 14 months he has back molar teeth,i think when they do have so many teeth growing it is really painful
do you give him bottle in the night?or bring him into your bed for cuddles?if so you must not do these things as its that he is probably wanting
my mother in law is a health visitor and she did eventually advise me to just ignore him,no matter a terribly hard t is and if you get no sleep atall,he needs to learn that night time is sleep time and at 11 months he should be able to learn that quite quickly,if it is left till he is older the harder it will get
if he is fed up b4 bedtime you know he has been given everything that he needs

good luck,your rest is important,im sorry i hope you dont think im harsh but as i said he really has to learn you arent prepared to go into his room ever 40 minutes!!!! Exclamation you must feel exhausted
amanda22
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
he does sometimes have a bottle but not always. yes sometimes he comes into bed with me for a cuddle n will sleep ok for a while. I tried not to do this as i kno its a hard habit to break but we share a room as we are in a one bedroomed flat so it is really hard to ignore him. If he had his own room i think i would be able to do that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular