FOLIC ACID

kershia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:54 pm 
Post subject: FOLIC ACID
Hi. This is my second pregnancy in a span of 1year. I lost my baby last june 2010 at 35weeks due to cord accident. And now Iam already 15weeks pregnant. My doctor asked me to take Folic acid for 2 weeks when we learned that iam 5 weeks pregnant. On my 7th week, she asked me to stop taking it and just asked me to take MOLVITE OB. I am 15weeks pregnant and been taking folic acid again for a week now. Im just worried because like what ws mentioned in the article i read, pregnant women should take folic acid during the entire first few months of pregnancy. As i mentioned, i took it for 2weeks then stopped and start taking it again at 14weeks. Is that ok? Sad(
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 am 
Post subject:
hi, ideally you should be on it about a couple of months before conception and then through the entire first 12 weeks of pregnancy......but to be honest it doesnt guarntee anything....i was on it a year and my son was born with spina bifida...so i would nt worry yourself too much...it sounds like you doctors have it all under controll.

have you had any scans yet?

do you mind me asking what was wrong exactly with your last baby, you say is was a cord problem....?
rhubarbsmummy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 am 
Post subject:
hi pet, just looked at the molvite ob and what it looks like is that it is just like how the folic acid would work anyway....so i am pretty sure you will be fine...it is for fetal growth so you should be protected....

i totally undersatnd your concern though!
kershia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your reply. I was relieved. Smile My last baby was stillborn. The doctor said It was an unknown cause because I was healthy during my entire pregnancy. The only complication i had was UTI, they asked me to take an antibiotic for a week but before i can go back to have my check up to see if it was cured, my baby died. I have a different doctor now, when she saw my baby's picture she told me that she was sure it was because of infection. She asked me if i had an infection of some sort and i told her i had UTI. I had my urine test 3 weeks ago and it was negative for UTI. Thank God. I just hope that my baby inside is doing ok and growing healthy. Thank you again for replying. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Special Needs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular