constipation

JoanneB
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 pm 
Post subject: constipation
:cry:Hi everyone, can anyone please help. I'm 12 weeks pregnant with twins and am getting constipated, have tried fibre, drinking plenty water and even prune juice. Can you take senna or anything whilst pregnant?
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
hiya!
i know how you feel, i am popping in to see my doctor tomorrow as im 15 wks gone and constipated... apparantly you can take senna but go through your doctor or midwife to make sure you are taking a safe amount.
i went to the pharmacy earlier and they gave me some glycerine supposetries to ease the problem till tomorrow as they have no effect on baby, but you cant use them long term. get an appt with your doc.
hope you get it sorted as its really not very nice is it?
dawn x
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
fybogel is what they recommend!! other brands can make ur body contract to push poo out but fybogel is a gentle action.
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
fybogel is meant to be good short term but apparantly it can bulk up inside you and cause more constipation after taking it for a while.
i guess its different for everyone though..
oooh what horrible things us girls have to go through! lol
dawn x
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:10 pm 
Post subject:
hi joanne, i just saw the doctor yesterday he gave me lactose solution to taketwice a day apparantly hardly any gets absorbed into your blood stream, it just lubricates the digestive tract...so im gonna give it a go and hope for a miracle!!!
dawn x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular