Dating

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:30 pm 
Post subject: Dating
So how do you single mums go about trying to meet some?

My daughter is and always will be my nuimber 1 priority, adn at the moment im not looking for any1 to step in and play happy families with us. but i have needs and really miss having someone around, especially in the evenings after sam has gone to bed.

charleelou
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Try a dating website hun, i know 10 years ago they were a bit weird but a lot of people do it now who dont have much time due to work,kids, commitments etc.

I know about 5 couples who have met on websites and some of them really young couples, i think that way you can chat a little bit and be as "full on" or as calm as you like about it,. Just be safe and careful and if you do decide to do it and meet up with someone make sure its somewhere in public etc and someone knows where you are. A pubs prob the best idea.

Other than that a dance class or the gym? Im not single or a mum but if i was id prob try that first. x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 am 
Post subject:
My sisters single and she uses dating websites , she said you have to be a bit careful as some people lie and say they're single when they're married but she said you can spot the weirdo's quite easily and she's met some nice people and is seeing someone at the moment she met on one ,family are friends are usually quite good for spotting someone you might get on with , I met my current OH on a blind date set up by a friend when I was a single mum and we're still together 13yrs on , good thing about family and friends is they know your personality and they would know if the bloke was single or not ,other than that maybe dance classes or the gym or some other sort of classes your interested in like Charleelou said , Good luck
KatieMaysMummyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 am 
Post subject:
What the other girls have suggested seems like a good idea ....dating websites, even facebook to some point!

I'm a single mum to a one year old and im only 21 im quite lucky that i do get to go out quite a bit - i say quite a bit - usually on a wednesday and occasionally on a saturday if my mum looks after my daughter - always a good way to meet someone. I dont seem to have trouble, ( im just pickie / scared Shocked Laughing ) and most men these days are accepting of single mums Smile You could try going to a local pub / bowling alley with a girlfriend.....you never know u might meet someone somewherre unexpected! Smile good luckk !x
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 am 
Post subject:
I met my man on a dating site. We've been together 14 months now, I moved in with him in Juy and i'm pregnant with his baby. He is great with my 7 year old daughter. It definitely can happen but make sure you get to know them properly, chat on the phone as well as on the net before you meet.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular