AUGUST 2011

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:22 am 
Post subject:
ooo im so jelous i want to not use anything and see what happens but my OH doesn't want another baby yet Confused sounds like your doing well Very Happy xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
ooo im so jelous i want to not use anything and see what happens but my OH doesn't want another baby yet Confused sounds like your doing well Very Happy xxx

Aww men eh!! Me and my dh have been waiting so long for Fynn we would both love another and know it could take a while and my hubby is heading towards 40 so is worried about leaving it too long. But taking the relaxed approach this time!
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies!!

Not been on here as much now that Isla is here!! Been busy! I'm loving being a mummy again. She is just adorable and I can't believe how good she is. My little boy was sooooo good i thought the next one would be a nightmare but she is so good.

The feeding started off rubbish as she fed and fed and fed and wouldn't stop. Thats calmed down now and she feeds a lot more in the day. Cluster feeds towards bed time and then I'll wake her at 10.30pm when I go to bed, then she'll wake about 3am so not bad at all. Loving breast feeding a lot more this time round and feel like i can actually persevere and not go onto the bottle straight away which is good.

We're done now and not having anymore as 2 is enough for us, especially as we now have 1 of each, i feel that our family is complete and so does DH so thats a nice feeling.

Just feel that I'm in my own little bubble at the moment as feel all content and happy! My friend that was pregnant at the same time as me is being induced tomorrow so hopefully Isla will have a new best friend by Tuesday, can't wait!!

Hope everyone else is ok?

xx
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 am 
Post subject:
just a quick update for you all, baby girl is still not showing any signs of coming by her own accord! i have to ring the hospital later to see what time they want me in for my induction so i defo know this week is the week! my OH is like a cat on hot bricks he even done the house work last night! i will post on here as soon as im home,

hope your all well and enjoying your babys xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 am 
Post subject:
ali2704 wrote:
just a quick update for you all, baby girl is still not showing any signs of coming by her own accord! i have to ring the hospital later to see what time they want me in for my induction so i defo know this week is the week! my OH is like a cat on hot bricks he even done the house work last night! i will post on here as soon as im home,

hope your all well and enjoying your babys xx

Good luck with the induction, at least you both know she is going to make an appearance very soon now. I hope you have a quick and easy labour.

Keep us updated.

Can't believe it was 4 weeks ago today when i was in labour, how time flies!
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Ali - i hope all is well and you are just really busy with your new baby.

I have updated my birth announcement with a couple of pictures (finally!)

Hope you are all doing well. xx
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
aww banoffee you LO is gorgeous Very Happy
Ali i hope everything went well
So Kayne is 4 weeks old today and im trying to get him into a routine of feeding but struggling misserably, can anyone help i want to feed him at 7 11 3 7 11 3. HELP Smile xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
Aw thanks April, I should post an updated pic as he has changed so much.

As for the routine, it took me some doing. I established it by waking him at 11 pm and 3 am for a feed as through the night he would go 6 hours without a bottle. He then after a week would naturally wake every 4 hours from then on. I am going to in a few weeks see if he will drop one of the night feeds. Sometimes he will want the bottle half hour or 10 minutes b4, as I am prepared will feed him his bottle then. A tip for winding when bottle feeding when he stops feeding as he has wind, lay him out on the floor first for a couple of minutes and then wind him, works almost every time for a quick burp.
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee wrote:
Aw thanks April, I should post an updated pic as he has changed so much.

As for the routine, it took me some doing. I established it by waking him at 11 pm and 3 am for a feed as through the night he would go 6 hours without a bottle. He then after a week would naturally wake every 4 hours from then on. I am going to in a few weeks see if he will drop one of the night feeds. Sometimes he will want the bottle half hour or 10 minutes b4, as I am prepared will feed him his bottle then. A tip for winding when bottle feeding when he stops feeding as he has wind, lay him out on the floor first for a couple of minutes and then wind him, works almost every time for a quick burp.

thanks hun but the problem is he is so difficult to wake up, even when he wakes up on his own it takes him a good half hour to be awake and when i try and wake him he just grumbles and goes back to sleep, he wont even open his mouth for a bottle and if i do manage to get a bottle in he wont suck it. All day ive been trying to keep him entertained when he is crying instead of just giving him a bottle so that he is more hungry and eats more less often, it seems to be working x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
Banoffee wrote:

thanks hun but the problem is he is so difficult to wake up, even when he wakes up on his own it takes him a good half hour to be awake and when i try and wake him he just grumbles and goes back to sleep, he wont even open his mouth for a bottle and if i do manage to get a bottle in he wont suck it. All day ive been trying to keep him entertained when he is crying instead of just giving him a bottle so that he is more hungry and eats more less often, it seems to be working x

If what you are doing is working stick with it, i am sure he will soon get into the swing of things and have a good routine. Guess boys must be a bit lazy!

Fynn does not really wake for the 11pm or 3am feed, but he still takes the bottle (only drinks a bit on each) and am now wondering whether he really needs them. I am a bit worried about taking them out incase it messes up his other feeds.
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
yeah im trying to stick with it, i have one grumpy baby today though, i think he's got himself over tired. Im wondering if he is getting trapped wind because he does seem to trump alot and wakes up with it. Do you know if there's anything to help it? How much is fynn taking at each feed, Kayne takes about 4 oz each feed at the mo but as im trying to spread his feeds out abit that might change. If he's not waking for some feeds why dont you give him his last one like normal at 7 and then wake him half way through the night at 1 and then he is going 6hours without a feed through the night xxx

ali2704
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
hi girls ive had baby evie jade on the 7th september at 602am weighing a whopping 10lb 8oz! i had no pain relief just a quick 5 mins on the gas and air! they broke my waters at 11pm contractions started at midnight so it was very quick. we only got home today as she was poorly and was 2 and from the newborn icu, she had to have 7 days on iv antibiotics and close obs, she breast feeds like a professional and is a right guts! will post my birth annoucement when i get more time to eplain my lovely 10 nights in hospital!

p.s to get into a good feeding routien give baby warm cooled boiled water inbetween feeds to make them go the 3 to 4 hours, i done this with edward and im starting it tonight with evie (as they dont recommend it these days) my mum done it with all of us as an old fashoined midwife told her to when she had one of us that wanted feeding constantly xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah congratulations on Evie; Ali. Yeah my mum keeps telling me to give Fynn cool boiled water as she did the same with me and my siblings!!
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
yeah im trying to stick with it, i have one grumpy baby today though, i think he's got himself over tired. Im wondering if he is getting trapped wind because he does seem to trump alot and wakes up with it. Do you know if there's anything to help it? How much is fynn taking at each feed, Kayne takes about 4 oz each feed at the mo but as im trying to spread his feeds out abit that might change. If he's not waking for some feeds why dont you give him his last one like normal at 7 and then wake him half way through the night at 1 and then he is going 6hours without a feed through the night xxx

Fynn takes 4 bottles of 7 oz and at night takes 2 bottles only 2 oz each bottle, yeah i might try that to see how long he will go, think i might give it a bash tonight no harm. I sometimes give gripe water this can sometimes help with wind.
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
he is doing really well Smile did you try just one feed last night? Ive bought some infacol and the cow and gate comfort instead of the normal one, ill see if hes better over the next few days Very Happy

Congrats on baby evie, ali. what a good weight and well done on just gas and air i dont know how people do it haha. thanks for the tip Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to:  

Community

Popular