AUGUST 2011

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
he is doing really well Smile did you try just one feed last night? Ive bought some infacol and the cow and gate comfort instead of the normal one, ill see if hes better over the next few days Very Happy

Congrats on baby evie, ali. what a good weight and well done on just gas and air i dont know how people do it haha. thanks for the tip Very Happy

Fynn is on c&g comfort i have no problems with colic or constipation (infacol may cause constipation) if you suspect colic, then speak to your doctor he may prescribe colief which is supposed to be better. Yes last night i left him, was was going to feed him around 12pm/1pm, unfortunately i didn't wake. He woke at 5am Shocked , took only 3oz and went back to sleep till 7.30am. So he went from 7pm to 5am without waking! So tonight i am going to give him a feed soon and see what happens. I hope Kayne gets on better with the new milk.
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:08 pm 
Post subject:
wow to say he is only a week older than Kayne you have done so well getting him into a routine like that, Ive been trying Kayne on 4hourly feeds but he gets too hungry so im now trying every 3 hours which seems to be working well. i didn't no the infacol caused constipation, im giving it him as it says it helps with trapped wind and helps them bring up wind aswell and he seems happier but im not sure if its that or the comfort milk. Oh and tony said today that he wants to ttc again in 6 months Very Happy im chuffed to bits and hopefully ill see you in gen pg again xxx

ali2704
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
evening, how is everyone? im suffering with really sore boobs constantly leaking away! any tips for the soreness much appreciated, i been using hot flannels but doesnt help all that much!

Evie is doing really well we got her weighed yesterday and shes a whopping 10lb 13oz so im obviously feeding her ok, i have to wake her in the night to feed even though she would quite happily wait but she had probs with her sugar levels being a big baby so i wake her at the 5 hour mark.

managed to get edward and evie ina good little routien even though at 2am edward wants to go downstairs so whilst he having a paddy we have to ignore him! think nanna let him get away with too much when i was in hospital! xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
wow to say he is only a week older than Kayne you have done so well getting him into a routine like that, Ive been trying Kayne on 4hourly feeds but he gets too hungry so im now trying every 3 hours which seems to be working well. i didn't no the infacol caused constipation, im giving it him as it says it helps with trapped wind and helps them bring up wind aswell and he seems happier but im not sure if its that or the comfort milk. Oh and tony said today that he wants to ttc again in 6 months Very Happy im chuffed to bits and hopefully ill see you in gen pg again xxx

My sister used it with her first and caused constipation, thats not to say it will make Kayne constipated though. Fynn went from 1130 pm till 7am again last night, I asked my mum and she said if he was hungry he would wake for it. I worry Im starving him at night.
Woo hoo, ttc in 6 months, hopefully things will happen a lot quicker for you both next time.
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 am 
Post subject:
ali2704 wrote:
evening, how is everyone? im suffering with really sore boobs constantly leaking away! any tips for the soreness much appreciated, i been using hot flannels but doesnt help all that much!

Evie is doing really well we got her weighed yesterday and shes a whopping 10lb 13oz so im obviously feeding her ok, i have to wake her in the night to feed even though she would quite happily wait but she had probs with her sugar levels being a big baby so i wake her at the 5 hour mark.

managed to get edward and evie ina good little routien even though at 2am edward wants to go downstairs so whilst he having a paddy we have to ignore him! think nanna let him get away with too much when i was in hospital! xx

Wow Evie is a good weight, I am going to get fynn weighed this week as I he has not been weighed for a few week.

Nan's are great with grandkids, but they are terrible for spoiling them Very Happy

I was told at the hospital to try cabbage leaves and a good supporting bra
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All!

Ali - congrats hun, love the name, that was on our list as well. She's gorgeous, and a whopper now! Your obviously doing really well with the feeding! My boobs are so sensitive, not actually sore but it hurts when I'm in the shower if it's too powerful, think thats just all the action they are getting at the moment!! I'm using the nipple cream Lansinoh, it comes in a purple tube and has been great for me at the beginning when my nipples were all dry and cracked, it's good stuff and you dont need to wipe it off before you feed.

Well, Isla is 4 weeks old today and is doing really well. She's put on weight which I'm not surprised about as I feel like all I do is sit on the sofa and feed her!! I can't get into a great routine with her yet as she feeds so often so I'm hoping this will calm down. I only breast fed my son for 4 weeks and found the routine so much easier to get into with bottles and he went much longer between feeds so I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks exclusively breastfeeding, then top up with formula before bed. She does go from 8pm til about 2am ish, then wants a feed so not bad really.

xxx

I'm so loving having a baby again!!

April - I used Infacol with my son and it didn't make him constipated at all. I think each baby is different and reacts differently so will prob be fine for him.
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hoping4 - sounds like you are doing really well with the breastfeeding, not sure if i could have managed it had i been able to.
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
ali do you have a breast pump, when i felt full i used to express. Also if your nipples are sore definately get yourself some Lansinoh Nipple cream as hoping said, its fantastic stuff Smile
Banoffee Fynn is doing so well i still cant get Kayne into a feeding routine, I am bathing him everyday and trying to get him to bed but he wont get into a routine at all. Sometimes he wants feeding after 2 hours sometimes after 4. I think im going to just feed him as he wants it as he is obviously hungry. He finds it really hard to settle himself if he wakes in the night between feeds and some nights he will only wake twice and others its 4 or 5 times Confused
Hoping your doing so well with breastfeeding i wish i couldve done it, keep up the good work Very Happy
xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
ali do you have a breast pump, when i felt full i used to express. Also if your nipples are sore definately get yourself some Lansinoh Nipple cream as hoping said, its fantastic stuff Smile
Banoffee Fynn is doing so well i still cant get Kayne into a feeding routine, I am bathing him everyday and trying to get him to bed but he wont get into a routine at all. Sometimes he wants feeding after 2 hours sometimes after 4. I think im going to just feed him as he wants it as he is obviously hungry. He finds it really hard to settle himself if he wakes in the night between feeds and some nights he will only wake twice and others its 4 or 5 times Confused
Hoping your doing so well with breastfeeding i wish i couldve done it, keep up the good work Very Happy
xxx

April, don't worry about Kayne's routine, do what works best for you both. He will get into the swing of things soon. Fynn does not really sleep in the day now, which is difficult as I can't seem to keep on top of the normal house things. Then by teatime he is so overtired he is incredibly restless! He needs the sleep but fights it all day and catnaps looking like popeye with one eye open!
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
evening, i got my breast pump through the post today, i brought myself a tomee tipee electric one. i got some lansinoh i used it with edward its magic stuff, forgot how pricey it was though! i also heard of cabbage leaves will buy myself a nice cabbage when i go shopping i think!

Evie and Edward are in a very nice compatable routein at the moment, he gets mummy time in then morning whilst evie sleeps then she gets mummy time when he goes to bed, dooes mean from 5pm til 8pm is a mad rush of tea, baths, milk, pjs and bed though!

we saw our midiwfe today and evie has stayed the same weight so she reveiwing her on sunday as she was poorly for a week in hospital she wants to make sure she well enough to be discharged rom midwife care

hope bubbys and mummys are all ok xx
Theosmum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies,

Sounds like you and babies are all doing well.

Annabelle is doing well too. She weighed 9lbs 5oz when we got her weighed on Friday and she is 4 weeks old today - don't know where the time has gone!

OH has gone back to work this week (he is working away all week) so I've been trying to get Annabelle into a feeding and nap routine during the day which seems to be working OK so far. She is feeding at 7am, 10am, 2pm, 5pm (top up at 8pm). Then during the night she is waking at midnight and 4am for feeds. She is napping for 1 hour on a morning and a long nap (about 2 -3 hours) on a lunchtime. She then catnaps on and off for the rest of the afternoon (i.e. I can't get her to wake up!!)

Theo is being a bit of a pain this week as he is missing his Daddy but he has gone to his Nana's house today to be spoiled.

I'm doing OK - managing to get some sleep between feeds so not too zombiefied!

xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Theosmum, do you feel you manage week with dh working away? I have days when I wish he was around but think I'm coping well. I look forward to Fridays when I know he is back.

It's good your mum is around to help with Theo. Annabelle is a good weight. Can't wait to get fynn weighed next week.

I have to book fynn in for an 8 week check next and sort out his injections for 8 weeks also, not looking forward to them!
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Banoffee Kayne has never really slept in the day so i find it hard to do the housework too. He gets very overtired and if he does get to sleep in the day he is awake after 5 mins Confused
Ali i have the tommee tippee one and its very noisy, not good at 3am. Glad im not expressing now though Smile
It sounds like all babies and mummies are doing well Very Happy

After i get Kayne out the bath he cries untill i give him his bottle, which is such a pain as im trying to dress him so he doesn't get cold. Anyone got any tips? I do give him a bottle before he goes in the bath so its not because hes hungry. xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
Banoffee Kayne has never really slept in the day so i find it hard to do the housework too. He gets very overtired and if he does get to sleep in the day he is awake after 5 mins Confused xx

Yep, fynn is the same, I'm just glad he sleeps well at night!

Have no solution for bath as fynn does this too, I give milk after bath still though.
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
the feeding after the bath! i had this with edward and evie is the same too but i wrap her in two towels so she nice and warm and feed her straight after the bath then dress her think its a comfort thing plus it warms up the belly i suppose!

i got Evie weighed today 11 lb 7oz not bad for a breast fed baby, we have been discharged from midwife care now too as we are both healthy enough and she has proved she is being fed enough!

i was really pleased with myself today i managed to get myself and both kids ready and out the house by 930 this morning!

my OH goes back to the office tomoz he has been working from home last week so this week im flying solo and im pleased he is going back so i can get on and do things as sometimes he is like a 3rd kid! lol

im in the process of writing up our birth story but my 1st attempt got lost on my pc somewhere!

hope everyone else is all ok xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to:  

Community

Popular