hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Hey ladies!!

How are you all?

I have succumbed to a bottle of formula before bed for Isla. It didn't make any difference at all!! Gutted! I thought she would settle better and sleep longer but neither happened! Still breastfeeding the rest of the time which i really want to carry on with but she constantly wants to feed and I seriously never get off the sofa!!

Apart from that she is adorable, def knows her own mind already and is higher maintenance than my son who was so chilled, i think i was spoilt!!

I can't understand why she cries so much when i put her down for the night. She has a routine going on so should know whats coming now, I breastfeed her, then for the past 2 nights i've given her 4 ounces of formula, of which shes drank it all, then she cries for an hour in her moses basket, then eventually falls asleep. She's winded and has a clean nappy so its not that. Any ideas??

xx
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all, Kayne was weighed last week at 6 weeks old and is now 9lb 8oz and getting some adorable fat bits to snog Very Happy Ive also started the bedtime routing and so far so good i think, im on day 5 of it now and he is doing so well. Last night i let him nap too much in the day though so he didnt get to sleep untill we went to bed at about 11pm but tonight hes gone at 7.30 and straight to sleep Very Happy he wakes at about 12 has a feed then is straight off again. After this hes awake every 2 hours though but he is slowly getting himself into a feeding routine Very Happy

How is everyone getting on?

Banoffee did you get fynn weighed?

Ali ive started to wrap him in two towels but it makes no difference. Evie is a good weight Very Happy

Hoping, Isla will get into a feeding routine when shes ready, Kayne is starting to spread his feeds out abit now Smile Keep going with the bedtime routine hun she will get used to it and know that shes not gettin anywhere by crying so will just go to sleep. She might just want some comfort but as long as she isn't hungry and is clean i would just leave her to it as it shows she gets bord/tierd after an hour and goes to sleep Very Happy

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Didn't get fynn weighed because of his poops I was worried it may be a bug, so didn't take him. Now I'm wondering if it's the milk as his poo is normal then by the last of them it's watery, my mum saw the one he did yesterday and she said sh head never seen a poo like that ( which set me into panic mode). He is getting weighed today, has his 8 week check with the doctor and then his first set of jabs (I'm really nervous about them!!), having to feed early too.
So I am going to have a chat with the HV and doctor about his poops and see what they suggest.
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Had fynn weighed this morning and he now weighs 11lb 14oz. Saw the doctor who did the 8 week check and all is well. Regarding his poos they don't seem too concerned which worries me as I really don think it's normal. So if I get him weighed weekly i can see if it's affecting his weight gain. I still think he either has some bug in his gut or maybe allergic to something in milk. He then had his injections, for those first time mums they have one in the left and one in the right leg. He cried and has slept ever since which is not the norm, hopefully I will still get my 11pm to 7am sleep tonight!!!
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Post subject:
fynn sounds like hes gaining weight nicely. Has he recovered from his jabs now? If you think his poo isn't normal take him back to the docs hun, you know best he is your baby. Kayne has his jabs on 17th and im not looking forward to them xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
Aprilxxkayne wrote:
fynn sounds like hes gaining weight nicely. Has he recovered from his jabs now? If you think his poo isn't normal take him back to the docs hun, you know best he is your baby. Kayne has his jabs on 17th and im not looking forward to them xxx

Yep I'm going to take him back as I'm not happy and he is now passing green mucous in his poo too!! I got the impression the doctor thought I was worrying over nothing, but it's odd they get worse as the day goes on, today they have all been watery!!

As for the jabs don't worry (I hate needles and was really nervous for him), fynn just slept more than usual and a bit whingey. He has been his normal happy self today. I felt guilty cos he was smiling and gurgling at the nurse and then she injected him and he cried for a minute or two after both.
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies!!

Hope you and babies are all ok?

Banoffee - hope you got Fynn sorted at the docs, is he ok now?

We're all good. My little lady is turning into a right chunky monkey!! She's massive. She weighed 11lb 2oz 2 weeks ago and its her 8 week check on Wednesday so having her weighed again. I don't think people believe me that she's breastfed as she looks like shes on hungry baby food or something, ha ha!! The feeding has got better in that its not every waking moment that she wants to feed so that's progress!!

She doesn't want to sleep very much in the day but is really ratty if she hasn't, yesterday she just cried most of the day but only really catnapped all day. However, the silver lining was that she only woke up once in the night at 4am from 8pm so that was brilliant. Wish she could do that every night but I don't think i can put up with the screaming in the day!!

Getting some lovely smiles and gurgles now, she just wants to be held all the time tho, my house is a tip as as soon as i put her down to do something, she screams! I've just bought one of those baby carriers off ebay to see if she'll go in that so i can at least do the hoovering!!

xx
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hey everyone Smile
Sounds like your little lady is doing well hoping. Its so good she has taken well to breastfeeding i really wish kayne would've im still gutted i have to bottle feed Confused

We got Kayne weighed today and he was 11lb 1oz and he is 9weeks tomorrow. He is gaining on the same centile line so im happy with that. Also had his checks and jabs which he screamed the place down for about 5 mins Crying or Very sad i thought i was going to cry lol, hes been asleep pretty much ever since. I moved him into his cot 3nights ago and he doesn't even care. Last night he went to bed at 8 and woke at 4 for a feed then got up at half 7 so im chuffed with that, lets hope he continues this. We have got into a good bedtime routine now and he just goes straight off to sleep most nights and others he as a little winge for a few minutes first.

Whats everyone planning to get there new babies for xmas, im getting kayne a walker and a jumperoo i think Very Happy xxx

ali2704
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi sounds like everyone is doing fab!

my day to day life is hectic and weve all had the flu too! i had a mass breakdown at baby and toddler group yesterday as edwards behavior towards other kids is a bit on the nasty side but between me, health visitor and group leaders weve come up with a punishment plan for bad behavior so hopefully this will work!

i was at the docs this week as had some troubles with the healing process after 2nd degree tear with evie my stitches disolved and everything healed then this week after being on the loo (sorry tmi) blood everywhere! my wound has gaped! so im on antibiotics to prevent infection and they sent swabs off to check mrsa and other things and then we having our check with down on weds to get it re looked at as may need some surgery!

so with a terrible two and everything else i been feeling low however evie has been doing great she is 6 weeks now and feeds perfectly and sleeps perfectly most of the time! she weighed 12lb 1 at 5weeks! my oh isnt around much lately he putting in so much over time that family time is on standby for him at the which can make things a bit hard!
sending my love to u all hope ur all ok and doiung well xx
hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Ali, bless ya hun, sounds like your having a rough time of it!! I hope there is no infection and it heals again on its own with no more problems. As for Edward, I think all kids go through a stage of pushing the boundaries etc so stick to your guns and he'll get the message eventually.

Isla is having a really bad day today!! Not sure whats going on but she's been a little devil... not sure if she had tummy ache as only just done a poo and normally does a few a day but she hasn't stopped crying all day!! Ive got a headache from listening to it! She's gone to sleep now thank god!!

On the upside, Ive put her in her own room and she now only wakes up once in the night, around 4am, then gets up at 7.30am so I'm really happy with that!!

Hope everyone else is ok?

xx
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone,

Ali hope you feel better soon!

hoping, I am thinking about putting Annabelle in her own room soon as she is rapidly growing out of her Moses basket. Also I think I am jumping up as soon as she stirs and feeding her when she would probably go back to sleep if I didn't. Hopefully we will then be down to 1 feed a night too. Do you do a dream feed at all?

She is doing really well on the whole - she now weighs 11lbs 4 and she's smiling loads - she's a little angel Very Happy

I'm feeling quite well despite the lack of sleep!

Hope everyone else is also doing well x

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi All,

Theosmum - no, I tried doing a dream feed but missed it one night and she woke up at the same time so it was making no difference so i stopped. I think sleep has a lot to do with her only waking up once. I keep her awake from 3.30pm so shes knackered by bed time! And putting her in her own room def helped as i think we were all waking each other up.

We're doing really well, she's just gorgeous and I can't believe she's 9 weeks already!!

xx
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
hey everyone Smile

I hope everyone is doing well and bubs growing Very Happy

Well kayne had his first sleep through last night from 8pm untill 7am YES YES YES is all i can say Laughing Also he can say mum and nearly says hello, ive even recorded him doing it and when i get a chance i will upload the video as im sure no one believes me Confused

I hope your feeling better now ali
xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Glad everyone is doing well.
My little man had his second set of jabs last week and now weighs just short of 14lb! He sleeps 7 til 7 now which is great. Unfortunately he has started to drop the odd feeds in the day from 8oz to 4oz especially on the 7am one (you would think he would be starving going 12 hours!). So I have now had to start waking him for a feed again at 11pm as the HV advised me to! I think I am going to start weaning before 6months at this rate!

Is anyone taking their little ones swimming, I'm going to get my DH to take him at some point soon just a bit nervous about taking him at this time of year.
Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
Aww Finn is doing so well sleeping through Banoffee!

Annabelle is getting there too. Only has one feed during the night now and she has gone from 9pm till 5am a couple of times this week - its bliss! Very Happy She is 12lbs 2oz now.

She is such a little cutie - she is smiling and cooing loads and just totally makes my heart melt! I could just sit and stare at her all day she is so gorge! Very Happy

Hope everyone else is doing well! We are starting baby massage class next week so really looking forward to that. I did it with Theo too and it was great.

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Birth Club 2011 All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to:  

Community

Popular