early feelings?

gingin
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:18 am 
Post subject: early feelings?
i would love to hear how other women are feeling in their early stages ? i am still waiting to go the clinic - but i am guessing i am about 7/8 weeks now - all the websites seem to tell you the biological stuff about whats happening inside but i havent found any that tell you how you feel yourself - i know everyon is individual but i would love to compare to someone else
i have recently moved to sweden from england - we conceived about 2 weeks after we got here !! guess it really is a new life
also i am 37 - and to be honest i had resolved myself that i didnt want children now at my age - so i guess fate has something to say about this
g
MummaT
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi g,
This is my first pregnancy as well and I just feel scared all the time. Its kind of hard at the moment because my partner and I have decided not to tell anyone until 12/14 weeks. There are days where I just don't feel pregnant at all and I worry about every little thing, which is just kind of driving me nuts. I've got a dating scan at the end of the week so I'm just hoping that I'm being silly and everything is fine! I keep thinking that when I'm a bit further along that it will be a bit easier but I'm not sure it works like that?!
My breast are sore, I feel sick most of the day (though not been sick yet), my moods are going kind of mad, and my sleep is all over the place. So happy days Laughing
Not quite like it is on the tv is it?
Jo
Vicpaull
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi guys, im Vicky and im 5 weeks so still another 7 until my first scan. My husband and I had been trying for over 11 months so im soo impatient!!

it seem everyone has the answers for the biological stuff and whats happening inside. ive been looking everywhere for info on how i should be feeling but nothing! Im soo nervous at the tiniest new 'syptom' or change. I was getting tiny stomach cramps and discomfort in my pelvis for about the past week which is apparently my womb growing to a size its never been before.?!? Confused

We have also decided not to tell anyone yet but I just want to ask my mum and sister so many questions!

My partner seems more amorous in bed too which is weird! I just want to sleep and when I dont im scared to hurt the baby...or make it blush!!

I tell you what though, although my boobs are sore, they are one thing Im really liking- they have never been so full and pert!! lol

Vxx
gingin
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:46 pm 
Post subject: thankyou girls
its weird isnt it that the websites tell everyth about your baby etc and the symptons but not how you are feeling - i am worried because i have had so few symptoms - my partner was having his hair cut whilst away on a course when i broke the news - he'll never forget that phonecall for sure ! but he said he already had a feeling - am glad he did cos i didnt have a clue - you trying packing up a house and a business in 3 weeks and moving country with 3 cats and a horse ! the only good thing was a lost a stone in weight in 2 weeks but i put this down to moving - if you go by last period date i am in my 10th week and i am showing now - my body is def changing shape - today i do actually feel back to myself but i am also going to the clinic tomorro for my first apptmt - again very scary in a country that i dont speak the language but apparently the midwife speaks great english !
the thing is you become obsessed about what you eat drink etc, i must admit i have been very healthy indeed and i have gone off coffee which is a blessing judging from all the media - you also seem to worry about your limitations - like i have a horse - i do it all myself and i have never given a second thought to lifting a bale of hay etc now i stop and ask !
well girls, my partner has an IQ off the scale and is very hyperactive i am very cool and relaxed - so i am praying the genes are tipped slightly my way !! LOL
gingin
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject: and the telling and not telling
my partner told his parents before i even had a chance to say dont tell anyone- obviously i then had to tell my mum to even it up - i did give in and told my 3 closest girlfriends - they know my history and its better to have the support than not say anything - also remember if anything were to go wrong or you needed help its best people close to you know - i dont think it should be a secret after all its your health and welfare and the stress of not being able to tell anyone will surely just make you unhappy, people care about you and also you would be amazed how people will already have their suspisions esp if you are being sick ! remember life is too short and people who love you will just be happy for you. i am not telling anyone else though until everything is confirmed as completely ok etc.. but my close family want to help and certainly the best advice so far has come from mum in law ! GX
Vicpaull
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
it must be really intimidating to move that far away but what a great life your baby will have! Im soo envious! Is it how you expected it to be?

I have worked with horses for 10 odd years and owned them but stoped working with them last year so I know what you mean about lifting things! I didnt used to think twice about loading a wheel barrow with four bags of shavings!!

To be honest though I think the excercise is really good for you and as long as you dont push it- ive known other women to carry on mucking out and even riding well into the later stages of pregnancy. My friend Maxine rode the day before she went into labour! Admitedly she only went for a plod and her horse was uber sensible... Your boby will let you know if your pushing it too much.

I think I will tell my parents this weekend, but I feel as though im tempting fate. Ive yet to tell my boss too who is very anti children and is all for women working and not being mothers. Im not looking forward to that conversation!!
gingin
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject: always nice to chat to horsey peops
hmm, i just had a big life shake up in 05, then i met J who is swedish, i moved to devon for 18mths and hated it, we then took a big decision to move here, have got nothing to lose everything to gain, its a great place for children etc, but to conceive in the 1st 2 weeks of moving err no.. that wasnt part of plan ! i have to renovate a farm to get ready for liveries etc !! my horse is full on french TB of the eventing line - best relationship i've ever had think we have only had a handful of arguments in 8 yrs LOL, but i cant risk any of his tantrums mid winter so have turned him away till Feb !
back to bump cant stop eating today, seems that body wants fuel very very often !! will be the size of a house in no time but i think this doesnt last -- fingers crossed - at least its all healthy !! sooo booooorrrrinnnnnng - how are all you girls going ?
gingin
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
vicky, your family are more important than your boss dont put too much pressure on yourself - do parents first but dont forget i was probably 8/9 weeks when i found out so we are a bit further on - but please remember they love you and the support is priceless, both grandma's were on the phone as soon as i got home today - it kind of makes you relax - cos god knows i cant stop thinking "[*CENSORED*] i am having a baby!!" - have to keep looking at my belly madness !! it will be such a relief to have a scan of any sort just to know "its" in there ! that sounds wrong i know but i know what i mean
wenmac
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
I can totally relate to every sympton vicpaull and some of you other girlies are saying it's soo good to hear that other people feel the same!! I am almost 10 weeks and my main symptom has been boob growth but unfortunately huge discomfort to go with it! I love the way they look right now but worried about afterwrds when they go back to normal!! eek!
Shocked
To answer some of the questions you have about the changes you are going through I would highly recommend buying a book called 'The pregnancy bible' by Dr Anne Deans. It has answered most questions I have had and explians the emotional and physical sides to pregnancy. A reasurring read and good investment....
gingin
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
well today i have hiccups a lot, am quite gassy,everything is repeating on me and my boobs have started to take a hit !! a little icky just feel like a good burp will work !! in fact i feel quite pregnant !! and my taste has really gone a bit twisted, cant find anything that i really really like at the moment ! even my fav astro belts(fizzy sweets) not working ! let me know how your all doing .. i am a bit nervous of books.. sometimes too much info is dangerous and am thinking there is stuff i would really rather not know ! tht prob sounds a bit stupid.. XX
booter
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Funnily enough Gingin my favourite food before pregnancy was Indian food and Spagetti Bolognaise. Throughout the entire pregnancy I really haven't been fussed about either, infact if anything I've gone off them. Chinese food on the other hand, I love it. But I've tried to be careful only to have around 1 takeaway per month (2 if I'm really naughty lol).
Have you had any aversions to other foods or smells yet?
gingin
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
funny you mention spag bol i made a huge one the other day and i had it for dinner lunch and dinner with potato rice and obv pasta !!!! ate more of it when i was actually cooking it than i did for dinner LOL
finding all the savoury things like crisps etc really salty - eating more fruit - and oddly enough yoghurts which i usually hate ! this last few days i have this taste that you read so many people get - its horrid have brushed my teeth 3 times today already !
gone off coffee - which is usually sacrid for me in the morning !
no doubt that i am eating for 2 now
has anybody else been getting hiccups /gassy stuff ?
g
mrswolfbane
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
im now 17 weeks and can eat alot more but till now anything like chips bacon egg anything remotly greasy made me sick and i still cant eat lamb,beef or pork can now eat chicken so chicken dinners are back on the menu.

cous cous lemon and corriander with garlic read,curry noodles and turkey sandwhich meat and crisp sandwhiches got me through till now and lots and lots of fruit.

i dont really believe in this eating for 2 cuz i wudnt want to put on tons of wieght i know im going to feel bad about after.i just eat enough to make me full when im hungry the only junk i do eat is knick knacks twice a week lol

i know im dead boring but i was the same with my other 2 pregnancy's everyone i knew wud be munching choccy and all that and i wud have my pile of fruit and be happy lol.
although i dont do alot of exercise im not a healthy eating exercise nut i just love fruit and mroe so when im preg and ice i love anything icey
gingin
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
isnt is fascinating how we are all so different ! my sub conscience has apparently kicked in,am eating proper breakfast (first time since i was a kid !) proper lunch proper dinner - but i am constantly hungry and only get nausea when hungry ?? i snack on fruit and nothing remotely "junk like" is appealing at all - tis a first for me to snack on yoghurt and fruit - and most of all OJ - gone off tea coffee and fizzy stuff - have decided not to get on the scales for the next 7 mths - figured i will lose all this weight when new addition is here - the same as most of my other girlfriends - so am simply not going to get stressed - like michaela said you are eating for both of you now - am not using that as an excuse but my body is hungry and i am not ignoring it - bottom line is you need the nourishment and i read that it is our diets that can be the most significant factor into the morning sickness etc as its our bodies way of getting rid of what it doesnt need and the cravings are telling you what you do need ! am no doctor tho but i have only been sick once so far !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular