OH 30
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:05 am 
Post subject:
Smile good luck toclaire,
I had my reversal in July 2010.. not with Mr Pickersgill though, got pregnant 2 months later but it was ectopic so lost right tube and beanie, started ttc in December..but no BFP yet!!
just wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck! xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
toclaire
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Thanx ladies 4 ur lovely welcome, its great to have somewhere where we can chat discuss our reversals etc and help each other with advice etc,having my tubes cut was the worst thing ever both physically and mentally and i tell as many people as possible,dont have it done,after suffering ptls,
take care hope we get some bfp news on here!
claire xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Claire I had my op done by AP at the regency , I'd had my tubes cut and cauterised which came as a shock because I'd been told cut and tied Rolling Eyes My op was done on the spur of the moment as I went in for an emergency section (my 3rd) with no counselling in fact no actual discussion , she just said we can stop this happening again and I was so distraught at the time I signed the consent and have regretted it every moment since , so I finally got my reversal on the 7th August last yr . One of my tubes was stuck to the back wall of my abdomen and also stuck together, so even after he'd seperated it from my abdomen and trimmed it right back the dye wouldn't run through so he removed it , the other luckily was in better shape despite having my left ovary twisted round it as a result of the original op and was re attached and is approx 6cms long , both my ovaries were fine and I was told it doesn't reduce your chances too much only having one tube as each tube can pick up an egg from either ovary Laughing
I found being sterilised very hard , I didn't have the physical symptoms a lot of women get, but emotionally it was hell , the depression I would feel every month when my AF turned up was awful , after about 2yrs I was desperate for another child and just couldn't come to terms with it never happening , our sex life suffered (a lot) because I got to the point of thinking why bother if I can't have a baby, I felt like less of a woman Sad .So waking up from this op and realising we were in with a chance was brilliant for me, it hasn't happened yet and this is our 6th month now, although I think I may have had a chemical pregnancy at month 4 , but the average seems to be 9 to 12months or so for the Ladies that have gotten pregnant, so fairly early days. I won't pretend it's all easy though as it can be quite draining ttc , every month seems to have highs and lows, but that seems to be the same for all the ladies who are ttc on here not just us reversal Ladies , Good luck with your op and any questions just ask x (sorry for wittering on Embarassed )
toclaire
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nat, Thanx 4 ur lovely reply, i know exactly what ur saying about waking up from the op regretting it,tbh when i had my 3rd c section done they wanted to do a tl then but as i had 3 girls i was desperate to give my hubbie a boy,so a year later i was lucky to have a boy and thats when i felt complete so had the tl done,when he was 2, but only because i woz in hospital anyway being cut open for a hernia and they said,4 c sections is quite enough we will do ur tubes!! so i am glad to find u lovely ladies chatting on here about the ups & downs,makes me feel normal lol!
at least you have one tube working good,that is brill,i have read over the past year about ladies getting pregnant with one tube so keep practicing Laughing i have read forums for a long time but never contributed,probably like a lot of women hey?
if i think of any questions,i will,same to anybody who might want to ask me,after my tl i had backache,heavy periods,crying,moodswings,anxiety,xtra facial hair u name it, i think my progesterone levels were low,i tried agnus cactus,evening p oil but gave up after a week lol claire x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
I know quite a few Ladies on here swear by Agnus Castus for regulating their periods .I read a lot on an american site about people having all sorts of problems after being sterilsed and it messing up their hormones and thiking about it my PMT was worse when I was sterilised but I put some of that down to being so peed off everytime I was due on .

Doctors seem far too keen to do this op as a sort of 2 for 1 thing if your having another op Rolling Eyes without really thinking about what it means for a woman . I think the German doc who suggested it to me thought I would be greatful to not have any more children (which I wasn't ) but even so there are so many alternative contraceptives these days , I don't really think there's any need to do this op any more .
There's just been a lady on here recently whose had a baby and only had one tube so stories like hers give me hope and quite a few of us only have one good tube after the op .
I hovered about reading posts for a while before I first posted Laughing I think most people do
Are you just looking to have the op to relieve your symptoms then or are you going to ttc (tell me to mind my own business if you like Embarassed Laughing ) I've had 3 sections and am a bit nervous about getting a BFP as I really don't want another one so I've been researching VBAC after multiple sections and it looks quite promising so far x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
That is true, as I had a c section and reversal.. though tbh ithat was my fault, wish i hadnt had it done now.. Claire you will feel alot better after the op.. I felt good knowing that i had a chance of getting pregnant again..

Nat you should be on comission ... for AP recommendations/referrals.. lol Laughing
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
I know Angel I was thinking of emailing him and suggesting it Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
....and don't blame yourself Angel when my ex had his vasectomy they wouldn't do it until our son was at least six weeks old , in case something happened or he changed his mind, but they don't seem to think twice about sterilising women when they are at their most vunerable and maybe not in the best frame of mind to make such a huge decision , I blame the docs
NortyDeb
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Me again....

DH and I have decided we are going to go and see AP and get the ball rolling Smile

Does anyone know if we HAVE to have the tests or can we just have the op?? We would rather not have the added pressure of 'blame' if things don't work out.

Time isn't our best friend anymore and we just want a chance - if it doesn't happen then we tried - at the moment we can't even do that....admittedly my tubes might be completely useless but you never know!!

Will keep you posted and hopefully soooon we will be on the TTC road Very HappyVery Happy

Deb XX

Edited by me because I said a rude word!!

Last edited by NortyDeb on Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam36
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
ive got a feeling that you ca have the op without the tests..... but to be honest i would have at least have the 21 day one just to make sure you ovulate! it would be a terrible lot af moey to waste if you dont xx

ME 37
OH 30
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:23 am 
Post subject:
I know AP prefers you to have the tests, just so you know your not wasting your money, I wasn't too keen myself in case it was bad news but I got a pleasant surprise as my results were good, so i'm glad I had them. I don't think he would insist though , but if your OH had a problem with his sperm then IVF might be a better option for you x
NortyDeb
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 pm 
Post subject:
Well appointment is made...we are seeing AP next Monday Smile

And the doctors rang today - my records have turned up at the health authority - the administrator from my doctors surgery was to pick them up this afternoon (he is ringing me tomorrow to confirm he has them) so yayyyyy at least I'll be able to have access to my op details Smile

Deb xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:21 am 
Post subject:
That was good timing, Laughing AP is a nice bloke youngish for a consultant very informal and easy to talk to , If your anything like me a list of things you wanted to ask might be a good idea Laughing as soon as I got in there I forgot everything I wanted to ask Rolling Eyes Laughing You could be having your op in a few weeks Laughing or IVF if you decide to go down that route , very exciting x
NortyDeb
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Nat - I've started writing down everything as and when it pops into my head...I really don't think I've done much work recently oooopsie
DH is trying his hardest to keep my feet on the ground but it is so hard when you get this close to something that you really really want. Maybe he would like to see me instead of the other side of my putie all evening Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular