TTC after eptopic...

chellebabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:22 pm 
Post subject: TTC after eptopic...
Hi all,
I suffered an eptopic pregnancy at the end of 09/10 which sadly resulted in the removal of my right tube & my partner & I have just started ttc this cycle...
My question is that I've had 2 25day cycles since & according to opk's I've ovulated both cycles (also the 1 I'm in now) at days 12 & 13 BUT seeing as I expected to get my af yesterday I took a hpt (which was negative) and just out of curiosity another opk... to my shock the opk was positive with the firmest, darkest red line I've ever seen!!! How can it be that I'm ovulating on the day I was due on & twice in one cycle??... Stiil no af so my feelings are all over the place?? I'm also, driving my poor partner mad with questions & hopes...
Please, please, any info you have would be greatly appreciated x x
Very new to this but you all seem so supportive of eachother & I would love to be a part of it x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
Sad really sorry to read that hunni.. like you I had an e/p in beginning ofOctober and lost my right tube as well.. I have started to ttc on this cycle.. my last cycle was also 25 days long..
I dont really know the answer to your question as I have never used OPK`s..
what hpt did you use,because sometimes if you test too early you still get a BFN when you are in fact pregnant..
sorry not being much help am I ..but I do know what you have been through.. (((HUGS))) xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
chellebabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi angelcake71,
How awful that you've had to go through the same experience yet how nice to know that we're not alone.. literally yours was a week after mine, my op was 29/09/10 and right side too...
Well, I'm on day 28 today & still no af so happy bout that but also worried that hpt is still a big fat nothing!!!... I'm just so hopeful but anxious & terrified at the same time.
We have a little boy who will be three in a few weeks & he was 10lb when he was born but the hosp said my ceasarean may have contributed to the eptopic! So much stuff you don't know until you're in it & learning fast ey?
Do you have any children?
As for the hpts, I've had Tescos own & the Clearblue digital but both were the bearers of bad tidings Sad xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Chelle

Thankyou..
I can see why... hun I hope the hpt brings you good news soon!! ..
definately scary ttc again though.. I am lucky in that I have 6 kids from my 1st marriage,
stupidly got sterilised in 2000 .. got divorced met a new fella in 2005 ..had reversal op in July 2010.. was thrilled to discover I was pregnant with our 1st baby in September.. got married in September.. then found it was ectopic and lost right tube and bean in october... have done the 2 cycle wait.. and am now ttc again..

I have had alot of abdo surgery as I had a c section then steilisation with baby 6..
then the reversal then the e/p.. Sad
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls

I am joining you on TTC now. I also lost my right tube (have you girls noticed that about 75% seem to be the right?). Its been 2 months since ectopic.

I wish all of us a 2011 BFP.

Terri xx

chellebabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Terri,
I had noticed alot of eptopics people talk about seem to be on the same side as us... strange?!
I just want to update on my experience since my eptopic & laproscopy to maybe help anyone who may be reding this...
My cycles since my op have been 26 days, 24 days, 30 days & 36 days!!!!
Thought I would share this because in my last cycle I was sooooo hopeful that I was pregnant... by day 36 I had probably done 20 hpt's!!!! Day 37 turned out to be day 1 as my period turned up. I was gutted... all the signs were there too, tender breasts, tiredness, frequent weeing etc but I guess I had just convinced myself...
Anyway, day 15 today & I haven't ovulated yet so am now going to guess that I am actually ovulating much later in my cycle than previously thought as mt cycles are now quite long.
Was using a supermarket brand of opk's (the little test strips that you dip in) and because you have to interpret the darkness of the lines I think maybe I was reading them wrong. There's no way I was ov on days 11,12 or 13,14 if my cycles were 30 & 36 days so this time I am using the Clearblue digital test. Much easier to read as you either get a smiley face or empty circle...
Will let you know how I get on...
Baby dust to you all..
Chelle x x x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy um just a though what side do you ladies sleep on?/ as it has recently come to light that the side you sleep on may be where the blocked tube occurs.. for example I sleep on my right side always, and that was the side I had my ectopic..
I know some ladies have had one in their left tube.. Sad

have been using CB digi opk`s this month.. still no smiley face but had cm, so think I am ov.. so did bd anyway! Smile my cycles are 26 to 28 days since the op..

Good luck xx
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I think I sleep on all sides including my back equally. Usually start on my right though.

Terri xx

chellebabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
I sleep on both sides as equal as eachother (I think) but it's an interesting theory! ....hope this month brings good news 4 one of us x x x
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Smile I hope we all get our BFP`s soon xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
How funny I lost my right tube as well. I sleep on all different sides but think I do sleep slightly more often on my right.
Onto 2nd month of trying now, my cycles havent been affected at all thank god.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 pm 
Post subject:
I'm glad most of us are getting on ok. I had a right stress this month. My cycle before the ep was either 33 or 35 days. This month I was convinced I was preggers, I was also convinced it was an ectopic. I took about 5 tests as well as a blood test at the hospital, all negative.

Period finally came 4 weeks late, or a week early if its a case that I just missed one! What a cruel trick your body can play on you!

Terri xx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Sad aww sorry Terri hun..
I have also thought I had a bfp a few times.. wishful thinking eh?
Good luck ladies xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular