when did ur prem baby walk?

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm 
Post subject: when did ur prem baby walk?
when did ur prem baby walk?

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:46 pm 
Post subject:
My youngest son was 7 weeks early and he walked at 10 1/2 months , he did pretty much everything around when you would expect a baby to except smile for some reason he didn't do that until 11 weeks Confused He was a good weight though and thrived from the start x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
thats really good nat.

georgia has been been slow at everything and she didnt thrive at the start

NicolaOasis
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Laura, i wouldnt worry too much, Aimee was 6 weeks early and as you know, she was teeny for her gestation, she was only 2lb 15oz. She didnt walk until she was 16 months. Aimee was always a few month late reaching her milestones

xx
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
im worrying coz georgia can take steps when holding onto furniture but she drags one leg as she goes. and has her foot turned out like a right angle.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:44 am 
Post subject:
Maybe you'll get some answers when you see the consultant about her hips , I know my son was the exception to the rule when it comes to prem babies but he was 5lbs 12oz at birth and I think that really helped , made him a bit stronger . My sis has a son who didn't walk unaided until nearly 18 months though and he wasn't prem . FX her hips are fine x
cailin09
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Laura, my ds was 30wks early and 2lbs 11oz and he didnt walk until he was 14-15 months and stopped then cause he couldnt be bothered for another few weeks!

All kids develop at different rates, wether prems or not. You cant really compair one off the other. She will walk when she is ready!

Very Happy

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
thanx for all ur posts.

yer still waiting to hear frm consultant hate not knowing things.

i no she will walk when she is ready and no amount of worrying is gonna change that. but i just cant help worrying.

i think once i know if her hips are ok or not then we can get hips sorted if theres somet wrong or if not continue with physio and she will walk wen ready.

im sure i will be updating this post shortly saying 'shes walking everywhere into everything i dont get a minutes peace lol'

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
georgias hips are fine!!!

but still no closer to walking. shes not progressed at all. can take a couple of steps holding onto furniture but nowhere near standing alone or taking any steps.

anyones prem baby walk after 17 months?

nupur12
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:15 am 
Post subject: Advise
Commonly baby start move on after 15 months.but some time they take more than two year ,so there is no need to be worried.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Thanx 4 ur message. Since my post Georgia has aprogressed a lot at 15.5 mnths she cud walk wiv her walker and nw at 16 months she can stand alone for a few seconds. So she cud b walking very soon. Im so excited.[/list]

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: Advise
nupur12 wrote:
Commonly baby start move on after 15 months.but some time they take more than two year ,so there is no need to be worried.

Relieved to hear this as my two are 13 months and were born at 31 weeks and one is only just trying to pull himself up holding onto furniture while the other just gets about by lying on his back and pushing with his legs. It feels at the moment like they'll never walk Sad and have really been worrying that something is wrong with them.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
well i take bak wot i sed on my last post coz now luks like georgia wont be walking for a while yet:(
She has not stood up alone agen so think it was a fluke.

she needs some special boots to help her weight bear properly so she can stand and eventually walk.

jennaxhx - i wouldnt worry yet ur boys still have plenty of time if there only 13 months.

Last edited by LauraG on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Smile

Sorry to hear about Georgia's problem xx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am 
Post subject:
its ok i feel upset jennaxhx but at the same time relieved as i can stop them ppl saying shes a lazy baby she just needs confidence etc. i now no theres something preventing her and shes getting the rite help:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular