Sure Start Maternity Grant

honeybunny1982
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 am 
Post subject: Sure Start Maternity Grant
Thought I would mention this topic anyhow, just incase there are mums out there that arent aware its available.

A sure start maternity grant is available is you are on low income or unemployed. You are awarded 500 after your 29 weeks and can cliam up until the baby is three months old see below link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

I am a lil confused as I heard a rumour that you have to provide receipts or proof of purchase for the items you buy for LO?!?!?! Not sure if this is true or not as I will run into some difficulty as I have already borrowed money off family members to by secondhand or ebay bundles to make my money go further (being a single parent) So all I would be doing is paying them back with no receipts?? Embarassed oooo bugger!!

If anyone can shed any light as to wether this rumour is true I would be grateful Sad

J
xxx
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 am 
Post subject:
hiya hun, i cant see them wanting receipts as im sure so many ppl do buy things 2nd hand and do now have receipts - surely they cant expect u to buy everythin new wid 500!!! prams alone usually cost more than that lol!
i wuddnt worry too much xXx
honeybunny1982
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:33 am 
Post subject:
Hummm!! Thats exactly what I thought loola Confused

Oh well they can kiss my lily white ass if they think I am gonna come up wiv receipts Laughing

I will make them up if I have to Wink
Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
hahahaha amazing things can be done on computers these days! lol
how are you and bump doing anyway? hope all is well Smile xxx
Tashuur
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:31 am 
Post subject:
Provide reciepts for what? You dnt have to pay this money back so why dyu have to prove what you brought with it? It wouldn't make a difference anyway cuz the reciept doesn't prove you used the 500 :/
Once the money is in the bank its yours to spend on whatever you wish. You could use it to pay for a holiday if you wished
Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
you shouldnt have to provide reciepts its up to you wot u get with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular