Does anyone else feel this?

StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:21 pm 
Post subject: Does anyone else feel this?
Do you sometimes feel you're being watched, but know it's a good thing?
Or sense things that you'd long forgotten?

My brother died, 5 days before my 18th birthday, in April 2007.
A few weeks after I was walking at 6am to my work in the rain, and for a few seconds the rain stopped and the air was filled with what Martin smelt like, and all went quiet. After that my sister said she sensed him sometimes, standing in the corner of the room. We all thought we could see shadows in the corners of our eyes, etc.

We were told by the lady at the funeral directors that seeing feathers floating means that the loved one nearby. And I see them a lot, and I love seeing them as I need to know Martin is watching me.

Just recently I've been getting sadder, as another Christmas without him is approaching and our family is still not whole. And I seem to be "feeling" him more.
I just wondered if anyone was in the same position and could sometimes sense whoever has passed is nearby.
xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
My mom had a boyfriend that passed away, and for ages afterwards we would get a whiff of his aftershave. He always used to use Brut, which is a very strong smell.

Another of my moms friends passed away from Cancer and I was told by a pshycic I was being watched over by a short man. This guy had spina Bifida and wasnt very tall, about 5 foot or just over.

Iv also lost my nan, and I do feel I am being well watched over. Just silly things like driving a different way home, and then finding out there had been an accident the way I would normally have gone.

StaceyRD
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
Glad I'm not alone.
Just feel like I'm still not coping well. Sad
Little things flood me a lot of the time.

fifitrixibelle
Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
aw hun you poor thing. My ohs brother passed away in august just gone(which isn't by any means the same loss for me as your own brother to you but we were quite close and his death really saddens me even now)and sometimes every now and then a song will come on that we have danced and sung to, a smell, a phrase lots of things and sometimes i laugh and smile and feel like he's sent a little reminder or is up there laughin at it with us and sometimes it fills me with such sadness its so overwhelming. Then my nan passed away in november and i get the same thing, like leaves swirling in the wind or if a candle flickers unusually or something like that i get the sense that they are watching me.

NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:54 am 
Post subject:
I just noticed this post. My amazing dad died of cancer in Nov 07 and i am convinced he came back to see me twice.

The first time was when i was pregnant and i was sleeping on the couch cos David was snoring. Anyway, he looked the picture of health and his eyes were really blue and twinkly, the way the used to be before he got sick and i asked him if he would look after the baby for me and he told me that she would be fine no matter what, then he told me that the only thing he couldnt do for me up there was help me with money so he gave me a mini lecture to start putting more money aside for bills Smile

So when my placenta failed and aimee had to be delivered so early, i knew she would be okay cos my dad would make sure of it ( maybe that was a stupid attitude but it helped me cope )

Then after Aimee was born, David was snoring again and i went into the back room to sleep and i woke up with someone stroking my cheek and i was terrified, i couldnt even shout for help. I finally opened my eyes and the room was all hazy and misty and i just made a run for it back into my room. He's not been back since ! I I wish he would come back the way he did the first time as it was amazing to see him so healthy again xx
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:24 pm 
Post subject:
These are nice stories Smile I've only just read this post but my son's twin brother Alex died shortly after birth in Jan 2009 and I've had dreams of a man telling me that he is ok.Ive also had dreams just about Alex, that he's watching me.

On their 2nd birthday his brother Bobby told me that Alex was on my bed and started to blow kisses to him, then that evening Bobby woke up an hour after his bed time and told me 'baby Alex, door, light mummy' when I asked if he'd seen Alex he said 'yes light door'.

Lots of other strange things have happend, like Nic I've had my face stroked, strange orange and grey smoke has been curling around my bed and i've heard whispering in my flat. I never feel frightened so maybe our loved ones do come back to comfort us and see how we're getting on? Its a comfort to think they do anyway
xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Coping with a loss All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular