Twin to twin transfusion -

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Post subject: Twin to twin transfusion -
Last time my sister had a scan it was noticed that one was smaller than the other and had less fluid, the other was bigger than it should be and had more fluid. They told her to rest and they would scan again this week to see if it had corrected itself or whether she definitely has twin to twin transfusion syndrome. She had her scan today and the smallest one hasn't grown however the fluids have corrected themselves. She was given steroids today to mature the babies' lungs and is having more tomorrow and will be scanned early next week to see if there's any change, if there isn't she'll be given a c-section and the babies will be delivered. I'm just really really hoping that they can stay in a bit longer and if not that they'll be okay. Has anybody been through this and what was the outcome? I'm so worried and i dread to think how my sister feels. It feels worse as my mom also had identical twins that she lost Sad XXX

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
hey hunny, i cannot begin to imagine how ur sister is feeling, i have no experience of this personally, but a friend (not close) of mine delivered twins with T2TT, they were 26 weeks, but this was 13/14 years ago!!!!
i would like to say the babies were fine, but they tried feeding the "stronger" baby too soon and it caused stomach problems - which meant he didnt make it Sad but, they learned from their mistake and the smaller baby made it, heis now 13/14 and and absolutley fine - no problems at all!
as u can imagine technology has progressed ALOT in 13/14 years, so im sure your sister and her lil babies will be in the best possible hands Smile
im sorry that my story wuddnt have been much help, just fort id share wot i know - i really hope there is someone here that can help u out further Smile best of luck to your sister and her babies Smile xXx
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thank-you i'll tell my sister and i'm sure it will make her feel better about it and less worried Smile thank-you for replying, that is lovely to know XXX

belle23
Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:38 pm 
Post subject:
i hope ur sister is doin ok
my sister had her twins at 30 weeks and although they had to stay in hospital for 8 weeks they are now strong heathy and 11 months old

xxxxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:21 am 
Post subject:
Thank-you. Well we were told that it wasn't twin to twin transfusion because the blood flow was fine so was told it was growth restrictiomn but thankfully the last scan showed them growing normally xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Twins, Triplets and Multiples All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular