Anyone else News Years Resolution to lose weight?

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
I haven't really started today. Haven't been that awful either. Will be getting weighed at sw on wednesday. 11 stone here i come. How has everyone else done today? Well done abbie on using the wii. I might go hoola hooping tonight!!!

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
I've done well today. unfortunately hubby wants a pizza tonight to start the diet off, wtf? He just said we should start properly tomorrow so might as well eat some [*@!#%*] tonight and leave out fatty ways behind us in style!

I understand the man-logic and I am very tempted but I thought we'd already started, well I have anyway!

Terri xx

katie198920
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
hiya
i been good totoday i had rice n veg for lunch
and i been on the xbox kinect your shape and lost 100kcals

hope everyone is good
LilMissPea
Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hey!!
I want 2 join!! Very Happy
started my diet with the new year, been really good, my naughty jar is up on the top shelf witha big 'YOU'LL GET FAT' label across it Laughing Laughing
i got weighed for my 6weeks check and i'm 89kg (14 stone!! yikes!! ) as i'm nearly 6ft
12 stone is my target. II'm using the wii fit and set my target to lose 2-3lb a week.
My downfall is snacking with boredom, so need to break the habit!!
Why is it we start our diets just after xmas..when the house is full of yummy junk food!!!
We have had to empty the cupboards and use up all our rubbish food.
i've Written a meal planner for the week and having only healthy food delivered on Tues. Going to pick 3 meals for each day from my list and stick to it!!!

Does anyone have good tips for dieting and sticking to it???

Good luck to all on the bandwagon!!

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 am 
Post subject:
My trick to sticking to a diet is to allow yourself one 'little' treat a day - so a biscuit or a few squares of choc or a little glass of wine and one 'big' treat during the week like a cake or bag of chips. That seems to work well ! I've made a big stew for today and going shopping tomor for some healthy stuff x
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 am 
Post subject:
I slept through breakfast and showered through brunch (lol) think I'll have a sandwich for lunch and meatballs for tea, mmmmm.

Terri xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Hello hope every1 is doing gurrrrd!!
I did well yday... was sooo hungry i went on wii at 9 n thn went 2 bed tho lol
I was just wondering.... how long are you leaving it before you get weighed?
I was going to do it weekly or would fortnightly be better? =S
Good luck ladies =D Xxxx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Gembo

We are updating our tickers weekly on a Saturday.

The golden rule of dieting is never to be hungry as it'll have you reaching for the biscuit tin. Make sure you have a decent breakfast, lunch and dinner and snack on fruit and veg in between. Don't forget to treat yourself to something naughty and yummy once a week too. I'm going to the chippy every Saturday evening! hehe.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Terri xx

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
i haven't been too bad today. i'm having a glass of wine tonight as a treat because its back to work tomorrow from christmas holidays. I also got some clothes today and they don't fit so i'm gutted. I feel like i'm getting fatter. On a bit of a downer really. sorry.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:44 am 
Post subject:
O rite thanks terri =)
Good luck to you all Xxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Can I join you ladies ? I'm currently 10st 5lbs and would probably have been more only I had nori virus over Christmas Rolling Eyes so no Christmas dinner for me . I would like to be 9st 5lbs , i'm 5ft 7 but don't carry weight well so even a few pounds are noticible , I was 11st 10lbs last April and managed to get down to 9 st 12lbs in time for my sterilisation reversal in August which I did by eating healthy meals and actually using my cross trainer and Wii fit instead of just thinking about it Laughing but recently seem to have lost my motivation and gained 1/2 a stone , instead of losing any , I put that down to being fed up it's taking so long to conceive , but also realise our chances are better the closer I am to my target weight . Before I was sterilised I was always around 9 stone and was only 11st at nine months pregnant , and could pretty much eat what I liked and not gain weight but now I really have to be careful Rolling Eyes Embarassed FX losing a few pounds will help with that BFP . I also find not denying myself any one thing works best for me and eating breakfast helps although I find that a struggle , I can definately recommend a cross trainer especially for belly weight , mine was flat for the first time in years when I used mine regularly . Good luck Ladies x
gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
I feel soooo fat!! ive got loads 2 loose compaired to everyone else!!! Sad
Hope when you ladies have got their i can still come to you for encouragement Very Happy
Xxx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies I want to join!! started today, got my swimming bag ready and am off swimming tonight after work - then we are out to watch football - told OH no pies at half time and he has to prepare a nice healty tea for when I get back from swimming so we dont snack at the footy!!!

Terri we have exactly the same ticker Very Happy Very Happy I commented on another of your post

I want set my goal as loosing it all by summer and I know it can be done with hard work and determination and if I want to go on the IVF waiting list I cant till I have lost 2 stone so nothing is going to get in my way now I want a babba more than anything and have waitied long enough for it so going to concentrate on weight loss now to take my mind off ttc till I see the gynea again in March!!!

Come on ladies we can do it!!!!!

Terri xxx
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Brilliant - there's lots of us now! Gembo - this is my first target, I'll probably set another one when I hit it!!! I've been pretty good again the last couple of days - salads for lunch, OH made me a low fat curry last night and some low fat pasta sauce tonight! I'm addicted to the Wii fit now though - as soon as Izzy's asleep, I'm away like a maniac!!! Shell - clothes depress me so much - I'd love to get to a point where things fit and look nice. I have enough trouble because I have freakish long legs (36inch) but all the shops seem to think if you're that tall, you're skinny, and I'm not Crying or Very sad but I'm working on it, I feel pretty motivated at the minute.

It's Izzy's first birthday on Saturday and we're going out for a meal but OH and I have decided to take dog for a marathon walk first thing in the morning to burn some of it off.

Has anyone got any diet savers? As in food that stops you breaking your diet, curbs a craving etc. Mine at the moment is WW caramel chocolate wafer biscuits and their carrot cakes - sweet things!! My OH bought me this inhaler thing for Christmas which is supposed to be like a nicotine inhaler but for chocolate cravings, haven't got round to trying that one yet!

Nearly half way through the first week!!!
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Abbie i could do with that inhaler. A flake is shouting me as we speak. I am resisting. I will get weighed at sw tomorrow night but will update my ticker on Saturday like evryone else. Keep it up girls. Very Happy Very Happy

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to:  

Community

Popular