Anyone else News Years Resolution to lose weight?

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Well I have weighed in lost another 3 so that's 9 pounds off!!! Yeah!!! Think stress is playing a big part in it as I am so off my food - even declined OH's offer if Dominos last night and made jackets with tuna and salad! Will put a new ticket up when I am on pc as on my phone today xx
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone

Welcome back Teebs.

I've lost about 1/2lb this week however Wii Fit doesn't give you halves just whole ones so I stay the same on my ticker this week. It'll look better next week though I guess because if I lose 2.5 then'll it'll be a 3! Fingers crossed for me. My BMI did come down by .08 though which is nice.

I've given up takeaway for Lent. I'm not religious but now is as good a time as any and Takeaway is one of my main problems. Another one is bread, I can eat up to 4 slices a day - 6 on a bad day! so I have only bought white bread this week for the family, I don't like white bread so I won't be eating any! I'll still get my carbs through my potatoes and pasta so its all ok.

Hubby has given up beer and takeaway for Lent, I'm not a big at home drinker anyway but I'd drink the odd glass of wine/can of beer if my hubby has some in but I won't be bothering buying some for me. I also have no nights out planned for a while so this should help with the takeaway and alcohol calories.

I know I keep saying this ladies but I really really need to get back on it. I was so motivated at the beginning of the year and I was doing brilliantly. I would have a second thought before I ate anything and only had 1 takeaway at the most per week, on weigh-in night. But I had what I thought was a bad couple of weeks where I only lost 1 lb (half pound each week) and it all went to pot! It didn't help that hubby was not at all motivated and was encouraging me to eat naughty stuff. Now the opposite is true so I need to join him on the motivation train!

Good luck for this week everyone, I hope to have good weight loss news on Saturday.

Terri xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 am 
Post subject:
I'm exactly the same!! I hurt my back and was ill and have struggled to be bothered ever since. At the start of the year, I exercised loads and was really careful about what I ate - now I keep making excuses Embarassed Let's make this the week we put it right - how about we set a target for the weekend and see what happens? I've not gone too wrong because I'm a bit competitive and the idea of coming on here and saying I've put on makes me cross Confused so if I have to do something by Saturday, it might just buck up my ideas!!!
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah lets get back to it ladies!!!

I feel better knowing I have cut down and lost, we are going on holiday in May (my parents told us they are taking us away as we have all been through a lot as a surprise) so I have got a goal to get to!
If I can loose a stone by then I would be estatic!! Very Happy
I am going to give it my all - we bought a cross trainer a second hand one on ebay and its new home is my front room so I have been using that too and its really helping me!

The other motivation I have just got is my brother realising he has a problem with alcohol and has had to go cold turkey so if after 2 years of drinking every day I think if he can give that up I can eat less and loose weight so its weird every time I think to be naughty I dont I think of him and get on with it!

oh and my 4 year old neice said smething along the lines of me being big Crying or Very sad not in a bad way in a way that I think she meant tall which I am nearly 6 foot but I think she meant the 'other' big too - mortifying! Embarassed I dont want to be know as the 'fat' aunty booooooohoooooo!!

so I think I have got 23 pounds and I will be healthy range woop woop!!
good luck ladies xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Might be a big ask but I am hoping to lose 3 lb this week to put me back to where I was before I started putting it back on again. As per my previous post I have already lost nearly 1 lb of that 3 lb so here's hoping. Tomorrow will be a week since I had a takeaway or alcohol so I'm quite proud of that, I just need to keep it up!

I'm off work after tomorrow for the rest of the week so I'm hoping I don't eat loads because I tend to eat more at home. I'll be taking Oliver out lots with it being nice out now so hopefully that'll conquer that problem.

Good luck this week girls. Lets all lose loads.

Terri xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Excellent - I'm aiming for 2lbs this week - that'll take me to 1st 7lbs off. Let's do it!!!!!! Very Happy
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yep lets do it! Very Happy

I am being really good at the moment, as I am kinda upset/worried about a couple of things I am not eating that much either - enough to not be stupid but I am off food a little so I am hoping its going to be easier to get a few pounds off!

come on ladies keep thinking of summer and all those lovely outfits we can wear!! xxx
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:10 am 
Post subject:
1lb off - not quite what I was aiming for but still a loss. I've got back on the wagon though so hopefully can keep it coming off. The school Prom is in June and I want to have 8lbs off by then so am going to have to work for it!!! Hope you all have a lovely weekend! xx
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Well I think the only word for it is gutted!

I've only lost 1 pound. I'm usually the first to say 1 pound is better then no pound but I've done absolutely everything right this week. I've stopped eating so much bread which was a big thing for me, I've had a healthy breakkie every morning and a nice healthy lunch and tea, not so much as a sniff on the takeaway front. I've snacked on fruit and every other night or so I've had a bag of low fat crisps or a freddo (100 cal choc). I even spent two and a half hours running after Oliver at soft play on Thursday.

I'm going to try and not let it put me off but it's a right kick in the teeth!

I found a picture yesterday of me in a Bikini!, its from about 3-4 years ago when I was 9 and a half stone and I remember feeling really fat at the time. I'd gone from 12 stone to that weight and I still wasn't happy. I just hope I get there again and appreciate it this time. I've put the pic on the fridge so hopefully that can see me through this road block.

I hope all you girls are happy with your weight losses this week.

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
How we all getting on Ladies?

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Woo Hoo, 3 lb off, lowest weight I have been in two years now.

Its quite lucky as I went on an impromptu night out last night and drank my body weight in Jeagar Bombs!

How'd you all get on.

Terri xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
I weighed myself this morning and I've lost a bit more and I've finally got down to my first target lost - 22lbs off!!! I'm so proud of myself! I got back into my size 14 skirt and bought a new size 12 top to celebrate. I've split my overall loss into smaller chunks and this is the first one I've hit!! I've set myself a target of 9lbs off this time (Then another 5 to hit my overall target!) - sorry if this sounds like I'm bragging - I'm just so chugged with myself, it's the lowest I've been for at least 3 years and if I can get this 9lb off, it'll be the lowest I'll have been for 12 years! Hope everyone is doing ok, sorry for self indulgent post!!!!
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Lost 1 lb this week, really pleased as gave up smoking the last week so been struggling with the diet, feel a bit better now so should be back on track this week,I now weigh 11.4 and just cant wait to be 10 stone something!! well done to other losers lol Laughing xx
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
Well done everyone!

I'm so excited as I am off to Blackpool with a friend this weekend (first time away from Oliver Sad and Very Happy at the same time). I've just tried on the denim skirt I haven't been able to get in to for ages and I can get into it, whoop!

I'm going to weigh on Friday this week as don't want to do it when I get back Sunday lunch as I bet I'll drink my weight in booze over the weekend!

Hoping for 3 lb again then I'll be under 11st! Can't really count on it though with such a good loss this week!

Good luck this week ladies Very Happy

Terri xx

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi girls

2 lb off, woo hoo. I wanted 3lb to get under 11 stone but I'm not going to complain. 3 more lb's and I'll get my stone so hopefully that will happen over the next couple of weeks. I can't hold out much hope for this week as I am going to Blackpool for the weekend where there will be lots of booze! As long as I don't put on I'll be happy.

How have you girls got on?

Terri xx

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to:  

Community

Popular