When you read this, dont pre judge me please

mummywendy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:49 pm 
Post subject: When you read this, dont pre judge me please
Hello I've just been to the doctors with my baby, and was told I had postnatal depression. I am quite nervous to say this, but I have a really bad temper. I have a short fuse and I lose it really easily. When my daughter plays up I just snap and I shout. Id never hurt her I love her to pieces and she is my life, but I feel like Im loosing control a bit. Sad
mrswolfbane
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
dont feel like you should be ashamed there is clinics u can go with ur baby to help with post natal depression please go them they do help
ive had it with both my kids and my pregnancys and will go to a clinic while im pregnant now and after the baby is born to help me
i will start back on anti depressants when and if i need them during this pregnancy and defiantly after.
everyone that sees me knows i ahve depression and is helpful so that helps u are welcome to pm if u want to talk about it more privatly but please dont think ppl are going to judge u over something u cant control the best thing to do is admit u ahve a problem then seek help fight for help if u have to.
lindablair
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
you shouldn't be ashamed! Please don't feel like you can't talk to people here. It's quite normal from what I understand xx
BillyAaronsMum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Its nothing to be ashamed of. My little one is 10 motnhs 2moro and just lately Ive been a lil shport tempered because he just seams to be non stop norti lol, but trust me, we all have days were we just wanna scream and scream all day long!

There will always be people about to help and suport you - and the best thing i was told by my health visitor was - if the baby is really really stressing you, put them somewhere so they are safe ( i use billys playpen/travel cot) and just go have a few quiet minutes by yourself, it does help.

Best of luck with everything, and im sure there are lots of people on here you can always chat too Smile

xxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hello. As someone who has gotten through the other side, I thought I might be able to help. I have had clinical depression on/off since 12 (diagnosed at 13) and when I was pregnant with my daughter at 18 I had severe antenatal depression which developed into Postnatal depression when she was born. She has kidney problems and was ill (as well as having colic), cried non-stop and barely slept and I just had no connection with her. I loved her deep down and went through the motions of being a good mum, but I was like an empty shell. I was living with my husband with no family nearby and had no friends because I couldn't get myself out of the house. It got so bad I just wanted to walk out of the house and leave her there, and when she cried I would shout or burst into tears and either just sat there or I walked out of the room. I lived in the house with the curtains closed, ate non-stop and gained tons of weight and was completely miserable. I started trying antidepressants when my daughter was about 8 months, but they were not very suitable. It wasn't until my daughter was about 14 months when we had moved that something snapped. My daughter Elizabeth had had several operations by that point and I just realised how much I truly loved her and wanted to be a better person for her. So I went to my GP who put me on Prozac and I just worked at going out more and doing things for myself. Last year I finally lost 4 stone and passed my driving test. Anyway, I just want to say, no matter how long it takes it will pass. It does take a lot of hard work but don't feel like it's your fault or that you are a bad mother. I hope it gets better for you.
Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:31 am 
Post subject: Depression
I doubt anybody on this site would judge you, and well done for speaking out. I too have a short temper now. Sometimes when my baby boy wont stop crying I picture myself yelling at him and shaking him and sometimes I can almost feel myself about to do it. I love my son like nothing else and it hurts me when a catch myself with these thoughts. It is an awful thing to go through and know that you are not alone. Not many people admit those feelings and when I did our family thought I was just being dramatic. I havent yet got help for the PND because our family will just see it as attention seeking. Well done you for getting the help you need and I really hope you come out the other side soon. Best of luck.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular