Trying for over a year

ParsnipSalad
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 pm 
Post subject: Trying for over a year
My husband and I have been having unprotected sex in the hopes of getting pregnant for well over a year now- almost two. We used to have sex all of the time, without worrying about charting my ovulation but for the past 6-7 months we've been charting. My period's strange- this month it was 28 days, but it's never normal- I usually have longer cycles- 32 even 36 days! Is that extremely abnormal? We haven't seen a fertility doctor yet but we've been talking about doing that if we don't get pregnant in the next couple of months. This will be the first child for both of us- we're very ready to get started!

Any advice? Thanks guys!
Confused
MrsB1
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:09 pm 
Post subject:
hi parsnip salad (what a cool name), as its been quite a while i would recommend seeing a dr just to check everything is ok and to put your mind at ease, i have been trying for 17 months we went to the dr after a year, they do blood tests to check you r ovulating and hormone levels. and also check your fella's swimmers.

good luck xxx
MissSunshine78
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
i would def go to the gp especially since you don't have any children. this is our 12 month of ttc and so if af arrives next week, we'll be going to see our gp to ask for tests.
good luck
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:12 am 
Post subject:
Hiya

We have been ttc since December 2007, so we're into our 9th month now, would you advise to wait for another 3 months to take it to 12, before visiting the docs? I was on the pill for 19 years so I figured it would take a while to get my system back into some sort of order.

I have been charting since April 08 (periods and ovulation) and have only just (28th Aug) started to chart temps on fertility friend......

What do you think?

Cheers, C x x

MissSunshine78
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
some gp's are different you could always go and see them, it depends on age too, think if you're 35 or over they'll check you out before, think around about 6 months.
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
MissSunshine78 wrote:
some gp's are different you could always go and see them, it depends on age too, think if you're 35 or over they'll check you out before, think around about 6 months.

Hi MissSunshine - thanks for that. I am 35, 36 in December. I might well pop into the docs (if I can get a blooming appointment) and see what they have to say.

Cheers, C

ParsnipSalad
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:43 am 
Post subject:
I have only a few days before AF is supposed to be here!!
I'm hoping NOT!

Fingers crossed! We'll see!
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:42 am 
Post subject:
ParsnipSalad wrote:
I'm hoping NOT!

Hiya - Well, I am a day late - fingers are crossed that the witch stays away!!

Cheers, C x x
ParsnipSalad
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:29 am 
Post subject:
Claire1972 wrote:
ParsnipSalad wrote:
I'm hoping NOT!

Hiya - Well, I am a day late - fingers are crossed that the witch stays away!!

Cheers, C x x

Hi Claire! It's been a few more days! I'm just wondering what the news is! I hope that AF is still keeping away from you! Good luck!!
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:46 am 
Post subject:
Hiya

Well, the witch still isn't here but I'm still getting BFN - I think my cycle may be a bit mixed up. I'm going to post later this morning and see what the ladies have to say......

How are you doing?

Cheers, C x
ParsnipSalad
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:29 am 
Post subject:
I'm rooting for you Claire! The good news, as you know, is that you can get a BFN but still be pregnant!
Mean and wiked AF! I hope she keeps away from you!

I haven't tested yet, I'm still late (hopeful, hopeful). I'm waiting a few more days before I do, my cycles are regularly irregular so who knows-

~baby dust to us!!~ and LOTS of it!
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:36 am 
Post subject:
Hiya - thanks for that - but I reckon it'll be a BFN for me - I'm not feeling anything at all now. I get my urine test results from the docs this PM so we'l lsee what that delivers.

Fingers crossed for you - I really hope you get your BFP!!! Keep smiling and I'm sending you tonnes of babydust Very Happy

Cheers, C

XX

ParsnipSalad
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
Tested today - BFN and still no AF Mad

-Sigh- Ah well, I'll test later and then start getting ready for next time! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~Baby Dust to All!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Parsnip Salad. We have been ttc for a year (just over now) and have had tests done. It can be a bit scary knowing that you might be faced with the reason why you havent conceived, but the majority of infertility is treatable - and that is what made us get tested. Our tests all came back normal, so at least now I feel that we have as much chance as everyone else - but if they hadnt, I was ready to face whatever needed to be done. Good luck hun, hope you soon get your longed for little one xx
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Pips! I'm so happy that your tests came back normal, what a huge relief!! You're right about going in and testing asap, if there is something going on it's better to start treating whatever it is right away - it makes me nervous though, you only want to hear what it is that you WANT to hear! Smile
Good luck to you guys and thanks for the support!

lotsa baby dust~
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular