Trying for over a year

XSamanthaLouiseX
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:42 pm 
Post subject:
i have been with my partner for 4 years now and started having unprotected sex from the first week of been together! we started trying after the first year and have only just managed to get pregnant early this year.....

My mum went through alot when she was trying to concieve.... I am a test tube baby and it took her years before i caught on....i feel sorry for any one that has to go through that.
Sad
I thought i would have to go throught the same process but it came naturally and quite unexpected. I found out when i was at work i was so so shocked....

Good luck to every one that is trying....i hope you do not have to wait as long as me.... Everything happens for a reason and when i look back now i am glad it took as long as it did as i am in a much better position than what i was in 4 years ago when the relationship started, me and my partner are much closer we have a beautifull house together........Still yet to get engaged tho....I keep dropping hints!

Good luck everyone....XxXx

MrsTxx
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
We have been trying for 13/14 months now. Going to go to the Drs to hopefully get bloodworks performed. Can anyone tell me what they look for and if things are abnormal what happens next? x
MissSunshine78
Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
hiya mrstxx
me and my partner have just been to drs cause we've been trying for a yr, he had to take a sample to the lab, and i have to have day 21 bloods done and day 3 bloods done, they basically check your oh's sperm and they check your hormone levels, think if anything is abnormal they'll refer you straight to a fertility clinic
Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject: Dont give up hope :)
I think that trying for a baby is one of the most amazing experiences in this world but when it doesnt happen for whatever reason it brings you into a whole different way of thinking. I suggest seeing your doctor although he/she might not be able to say what is wrong, my parents for example tried for 6 years to get pregnant with me the doctors said that there was no reason why they couldnt concieve. Its testing in many ways but when it happens its worth all the hard work xx
Fishy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Parsnip Salad (what a cool name!!!)

Me and my DH have been trying for a baby for 18 months we wnet to the doctors at 9 months of TTC and wwere told that we were both young and to give it some more time.

We wnet back after 18 months and they sent us for tests - but before the tests started I fell PG - sadly that PG resulted in a MC in April this year.

We have now been TTC again for five months and have been told that the doctors wont help us - as we know that we can fall PG by ourselves.

I would advise you to go to the doctors and see what they say - after all it can only be a no - but at least you will have given it a shot. I would guess that if you have been trying for that long then they will help you.

Good luck and fingers crossed

xx xx xx
pips1
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Fishy, just read your message above, and wanted to reply though I know its days later. We fell for our little boy easily (about 4 months of ttc), then 18 months after that we decided to ttc again. Fell pg within 4 months again and miscarried, then fell within four months again and gave birth a year ago to a little boy stillborn. But now we have been ttc for a year and nothing Sad We dont know why not, because we bd at all the right times, eat healthily, live healthily, follow all the advice, but no luck. Every month it gets harder, but no help from anyone much, cos they know we can fall pg.

Im so sorry this has happened for you, because you should be getting the investigations you need hun. There are some problems that can cause low fertility, but also cause miscarriages too, and these should be checked for. If I were you, I would go back to a more understanding gp, and keep going until investigations are started. I eventually found a gp who would do some basic tests for me, and I have had them done, which were all normal. But I will be going back in January again if we havent fallen pg - and this time I will push for more investigations.

Good luck to all of us who are struggling to conceive. xx Pipsx
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular