pinky68
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 pm 
Post subject: does anybody know how to find a surragate mum
hi

can anybody help

me and my husband are looking for a surragate mum , i have been looking on the internet for sites but i dont know if they are legit or not. i was wondering if anybodys know of anywhere or they could point me int the right direction as we are desperate i cant have children and tried ivf.

thanks
lynne
sophie2008
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
I think maybe your 1st step would be to ask your GP or try IVF clinic for advice. Do you have a friend or family member who you can discuss this with.

For me, if my sister was in this situation i would help her. Im not saying to expect a family member to help or friend ,but you may be surprised at the outcome or the advice they may have.
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm 
Post subject:
It is illegal for avertise A) for a surragate mother and B) to become a Surragate mother which kind of makes things a little hard. www.surrogacyuk.org is a good place to start and they may be able to help with a surrage mother.
Sammyjayneh3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm 
Post subject: Surrogate
When I was looking at donating eggs, the hospitals & fertility clinics had different sections about people looking to donate eggs & become a surrogate. If I was to donate my eggs, I could request which couple they went to if I was a match for them. I dont know if this helps or not.
I dont think it is illegial to be a surrogate, it is illegial to pay someone to be a surrogate.
Sam
Micy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 am 
Post subject:
Pinky, the problems of looking for a surrogate mother are that there are a lot of cheaters and frauds. I cannot even imagine how to trust some strange woman from the forum my future baby or to give a cheater the only egg or embryo you have. I can advise you to contact the clinic, which will be responsible for selection of surrogate mother. I just contacted the clinic I chose and it was their job to select appropriate surrogate mother. Their responsibility was to check their health. They signed the agreement with her. My manager even was against our private communication with surrogate mother in order to prevent the possibility of pulling the money
Micy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Near a few days ago I have read the articles about frauds of surrogates. I think it is very dangerous to trust them. Donít do it by yourself. It will be better if you spend the time looking for appropriate clinic. Check everything clinic proposes. Compare the variants and packages. There are many options and donít forget about success rate. And it would be better to contact some couples who had the program in clinic you will choose.
Kathy37
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Hi, pinky 68! To find a good surrogate mother is very difficult. I can understand you well because several years ago I was in the same situation. You should first of all decide whether you want commercial or altruistic surrogacy. If you are considering altruistic surrogacy it complicates your searchers. There is no a big choice of surrogate mothers. Because in case of altruistic surrogacy they donít have any guarantees. But if you want to do commercial surrogacy be aware that it is legal only in several countries. In this situation you should be ready to travel to other countries, visit different clinics. On the one hand, it is more difficult. You have to spend more time and maybe more time. But on the other hand, you have chance to do everything legally. But if you decide commercial surrogacy it is only via agencies or clinics. So it is very important to choose good clinic. Micy is right. There are a lot of cheaters and frauds. You can read on the Internet scandals with surrogate mothers in Thailand. If you know that story with baby Gammy. Despite the surrogacy is legal there it is a high risk to do surrogacy in Asian countries. And look at India. Surrogate mothers live in horrible conditions. My advice is choosing clinic that can you give you guarantee healthy surrogate mother.
Kathy37
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Sammyjayneh3, you have mentioned the legality of being or paying to surrogate mother. As I have said there only a few countries. As far as I am concerned the commercial surrogacy is only legal in USA, Ukraine, Georgia, Mexico and India. Surrogacy in Thailand is being banned or some alterations in legislation occur now. One point is that the legality of surrogacy in the country where you can do it. But the other point is that you have to leave that country and return home. Thatís why it is essential to know the entrance laws for newborn baby, how to register this baby.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular