1st pregnancy, young mum.

chanelmarie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:37 am 
Post subject: 1st pregnancy, young mum.
Hi all,
This is my first pregnancy and im 20 years old. It was kinda planned, but more later in the year. The thing is, im really scared that something is going to go wrong. Im 7 weeks at the mo and loving every bit of it but it scares me when i get small cramps or twitches as i think i might lose it.

Also, even tho i am loving being pregnant, i feel like i cant get to attcahed to the baby in case i do lose it

So many mixed feelings, any advice?
Please help.

Chanel xx
jjeanh87
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:49 am 
Post subject:
Hi chanel,
my name is Jacquiem im also pregnant with my first baby, my hubby and i also planned this bub.
Im now 30 weeks pregnant and im happy to say that i felt exactly the same way that you did, you will feel like this until you start to show, and even feel the bubs movements. but believe in yourself that your body will take care of the bub and everything will be fine Smile Treasure this time and look forward to the future, you are pregnant, and have your baby inside you and you will meet your baby in not too long!

Feel free to message me id love to talk.

Jacquie Smile
NSW< AUSTRALIA
chanelmarie
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:10 am 
Post subject:
That was really helpful thankyou, im just one of those people that worry too much and when a good thing happens then i expect it to go wrong.
I cannot wait to see my baby but its just the thought of the things i did while i was pregnant (without knowing at the time) that troble me.
Christmas and New Year were good times with drinking and smoking and im just concerned about the damage its done.

Hopefully everything is okay.
Thanks for writing back, keep in touch.
When are you due? Smile
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
hiya, i was 16 when i had my daughter, i never knew i was expecting until i had a scan which showed i was 12 wks
i panickes as i was always out having too much of a good time and thought there may be damage to baby. she was born 2 wks late, a healthy 7lb 6oz and had no problems so dont panic too much about the drinking as long as you stay healthy now and look after yourself

good luck, dawn x
theresa2109
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there...

Welcome another worrier, I'm exactly the same I'm 7 weeks on Sunday and have asked for an ealy scan cos of 2 previous mc I've got one arranged for next Wed. You wait til you have your scan and you can see your baby wiggling arount it hits home then and its amazing.

I too am having the odd period type pain it is worrying. but be assured its very normal

xxx
stephanieclarke
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:23 am 
Post subject:
i think once you have your scan and they check everything out,your mind is totally more at ease...you will be amazed by what they check when they do the scan make sure you ask them to show you all the organs,the fingers and toes...once you see how perfect it is,im sure you wont worry anymore.
linziemumtobe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:32 pm 
Post subject: My prob!
Hiya this is my first pregnancy too, it wasnt planned at all, i was shocked when found out but im happier than ever now! Very Happy im only 18 and of course im young, but dont feel young! Very Happy i am still with the father, we have been together just over a year and half and we feel we are ready, some people judge and say we are too young, but i feel happy we both live in our flat together! Although it wasnt planned i feel im ready! Very Happy But yeahh this is my decision to keep this child, as i know i wouldnt have been able to terminate it! Very Happy

Has anybody else felt like this being a young mum!? Wb xxxx
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Im a youngish first time mum at 22!! Very Happy
I am also single so am doing this on my own, with suport from friends and family. I worry ALL the time lol When ever i feel a slight twinge or pull I have a nervous break down Very Happy
I have sucessfully made it to 18 weeks (im touching a lot of wood right now lol) I also don't want to get 'to attached' incase something happends but i have been feeling a lot of movement (Like a ripple of water inside me) and it makes me smile every time!
I have my next scan on feb 10th and i know this time i AM going to cry Laughing
So try not to worry too much i know its hard to relax but just enjoy it, it is after all THE most magical experiance a woman can go through.
xxx
chanelmarie
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
i have a new niggling thing now, proberly just me or gas lol Surprised
but i swear im further than 8 weeks coz i keep feeling these little pokes and flutters in my lower tummy. could it be possible at 8 weeks to feel the baby? and could it be poss that im further gone?

xxx
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:45 pm 
Post subject:
i honestly dont think you would feel the baby at 8 wks...it isnt really moving at that stage as his reflexes are not developed but you could be further on. try and get booked in for a dating scan. the movements your feeling are maybe gas or things shifting around to make room for your growing womb.
good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular