childcare fees.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:53 pm 
Post subject: childcare fees.
i have recently started work and kids are at a nursery and ive just realised i need to pau the nursery fees a month in advance!!! but tax credits dont pay me a month in advance? Confused

anyone else had the same problem?

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Could you not ask the nursery if you can pay weekly, i did and they said yes so i only had to find the money for the first week. Tax credits will eventually pay it cause cause when my son went to school they carried on paying me for four weeks and said its because people have to pay the first month upfront.
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:05 am 
Post subject:
i asked about fees and i have to pay them monthly in advance.

yer i no tax credits will pay it eventually but that wont be till my children stop going to the nursery.

just seems so difficult im having to fork out 796 of my own money just to get bak into work!

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Thats a bit off as most places will let you pay weekly. What about back dated checks so they can cash them a bit later but they know they have the money ?

My LO will be in nursery for 4 weeks before I get paid for work when I go back so I'll have to take that out of savings Evil or Very Mad . There should be more help for mums going back to work !
Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
im not sure about cheques jane but ive paid the fees now took it out my savings:(

mumsy72
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:34 pm 
Post subject:
[quote="jane1978"]Thats a bit off as most places will let you pay weekly. What about back dated checks so they can cash them a bit later but they know they have the money ?

My LO will be in nursery for 4 weeks before I get paid for work when I go back so I'll have to take that out of savings Evil or Very Mad . There should be more help for mums going back to work ![/quote]

and more help for the ones who lose their jobs after their return from maternity leave Rolling Eyes If I want to look properly for a job, I would have to pay out 800 per month for childcare Twisted Evil + added expenses of travelling to interviews anyway, this is a different story.

Laura, did you look into Chilcare vouchers? you can claim up to 223 per person, if I recall correctly...and you save 70/80 taxes...You can also enquire about working tax credit?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:46 am 
Post subject:
u lost ur job after trurning from maternity leave? i lost my job whilst on maternity leave it sucks dusnt it. its crazy isnt so hard to get back into work. im glad ive managed it but aint been easy.

no i didnt look into childcare vouchers i get money thru tax credits about 70% i think so dont think childcare vouchers will help as then ill ahe to tell tax credits and theyl reduce wot they giv me.

and i dont actually pay any tax as my income is below the threshold for tax.

mumsy72
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm 
Post subject:
I know it's hard, Oh that's good so you managed to find a part time job? I did not think about the 70% thing, thought it did not apply when your husband is working..where can I find more details? Well I started to do some temping last year on/off the same place a Moroccan bank keeps asking for at agency, but at the moment they have charged me taxes, so I should be getting some my taxes back in April Laughing Going to see a lady to help me redo my CV on Thursday so fingers X she gives me useful advice.
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
it depemds on ur household inomce as to what percentage of childcare they will be pay for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular