How young is too young to travel in the car?

LouiseW111
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
Post subject: How young is too young to travel in the car?
My OH and I live in 2 different houses. We live down south but work in the midlands so we have a second house we live in in the midlands during the week. We are planning on going back to dual-living pretty much straight away so we can be with him during the week but still drive south every weekend.

How old would the baby need to be before we can take him/her on a 2.5hr car trip?
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 am 
Post subject:
If it helps my son is 3 weeks old and at the end of the month we're going to a christening in Reading which is a 3 1/2 - 4 hour drive from us. I know there are guidelines which mention long periods of time in car seats at a young age but I would assume that would mean seriously long periods as look at car seats that clip onto wheels for shopping.. surely a child would be in them for a couple of hours easily during shopping or something? Sorry not much help I know but we'll be making that trip ourselves and I travelled with my daughter and son in a carseat at a similar age also.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
We took Sam to my ex's mom's in South Wales which is a good 4 hour drive away, when she was 10 weeks old, and she pretty much slept all the way. The best advice I can give is to try and time it round their feeds. If its a 2.5 hour journey you should be able to feed just before you go, and then they should last til you get there. Be prepared for delays, so if your bottle feeding make sure you have a carton of ready mixed feed, or a flask of hot water, and powder handy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Travel with your Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular