Any help available?

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 pm 
Post subject: Any help available?
Im currently on Employment and Support allowance due to having anxiety with panik attacks and mild depression, my partner has a joint claim with me as we have recently moved about 50miles from his work and he was let down on a job he was supposed to get down here. We get housing benefit but it no where near covers the cost of our rent so i was just wondering if there is anything for us to claim now im pregnant. What can i claim when bubs is here if we are still in the same situation and what can i claim now? Thanks in advance x

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 am 
Post subject:
I'm pretty sure you can get child tax credit while your pregnant , think it might be from week 28 and you don't have to be working, If your OH finds a job, you'll be able to get working tax credit as well after baby is born you get child benefit at the higher rate for your first , it's around 20 a week ,If you go on the direct .gov site it should give you more information or citizens advice bureau are good for going through everything with you to make sure your getting everything you should be , unfortunately the government seems to have stopped pretty much all the pregnancy grants you could get Confused
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:33 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun ive had a look on websites etc and it seems i cant claim anything untill bubs is here. It seems the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. xxx

mumsy72
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 pm 
Post subject:
I am sure there are some other aids you can get, go to your local surestart and Citizen Advice Bureau, they will be able to give you some advice and in some of the Surestart they have people from Job Centre Plus to help out with CV/searching for a job, best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular