Giving birth alone

FortyWifey
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:51 pm 
Post subject: Giving birth alone
Hi all, I am new to the community and hope I am posting my msg in the right place.
I am not a single parent, but live like a single parent as my husband is always out of the country for months due to his work. He will not be here for the birth of our baby, and I feel a bit stress having a baby bymyself, get to the hospital alone, coping with the contraction alone, and enjoy the first moment with baby alone. I dont have family here, and nobody can come assist.
Is there someone who had already had this experience? I would like to know your story.
I was thinking bout a private midwife to support through. But it is very expensive (3000 Confused )
For my 1st baby, I noticed NHS hospital midwife do not have time for you. She was checking me quickly and went see others. I could stay long in pain without encouraging words from them. I guess the staff is busy mainly the week-end. Fortunately for this birth, I had a family member present to support me.
Your experience, advice are welcome.
RorosMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi sorry I've not experienced this but maybe you could express your concern to your midwife and see if you get a bit more support this time around. Smile
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
If you had a home birth then you would have a midwife with you constantly, I don't know if this is an option you've looked at Question
I know some women have a Doula with them who is someone who isn't medically trained just there to help and support, i'm not sure about costs or if there are people who do this voluntarily , maybe you could try a search , there are probably groups who could put you in touch with someone in your area if you're interested x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Single Parents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular