tax credits

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 pm 
Post subject: tax credits
Worried to death, just received a letter from tax credits about whether I should be claiming as a single person. I presume triggered off by me claiming my maternity grant. I contacted them and answered all the questions, when did I divorce, was I in relationship. Did we act as a couple. What was name of my boyfriend and his address. Who's name was on all the bills. Had I heard of any of these people (previous tennants and the landlord), who was my employer.
Even though I have answered all the questions honestly I still feel guilty, and am now worried about my fiance staying over night at all now. What about my mum staying when the baby is born, or my fiance.
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there,

Honestly try not to worry, it's prob just routine as I think it's coming up to renewal time.

If you have been honest you have got nothing to worry about, unless you have another adult who is receiving any sort of income permanently living with your and you haven't declaired them, I can't see as your doing anything wrong.

I also claim Tax Credits any my mom comes and stays with me sometimes and she has got her own business.

If your unsure look on the HMRC website, if you have any questions or worries I'm sure a bit of reasearch will put your mind at rest.

x

ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 am 
Post subject:
I answered all there questions honestly. He doesn't live here, stays here a few times in the week, he maintains his own house and we each pay our own bills. I suppose I hate the way the benefit system makes the honest ones feel guilty and the dishonest ones seem to get away with everything.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular