I fear I'm about to cave....

Ash1983
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:45 pm 
Post subject: I fear I'm about to cave....
I stopped smoking the day I found out I was pregnant (I was five weeks gone), I done it without any patches etc. I've been fine up until a few days ago however lately I have been thinking about having one A LOT!! It mostly happends when I am driving to/from work and I see people smoking in their cars (I used to love that) I just really really want one. Infact when I started reading other people's posts the craving came back Embarassed

So far I haven't but I fear it's only a matter of time before I cave in....anyone got any advice as I really don't want to (but really really do if you know what I mean).

x

Last edited by Ash1983 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
awww hun really try and not start again..
i must admit i do smoke,i have cut down so much but i know thats still not enough..
i was at the docs and got one of those inhalator things thats like a fag and u put a cartridge in it..i really really want 2 stop..
pixel
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
walk around town and see the mums pushing their babies while sucking on a fag!
should be enough to put you off!

you're doing so well, don't give up!! Smile

Trixie25
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Its been 2 months now since I quit and I do get days where I could snatch one out of the local tramps mouth, but Ive managed to abstain thinkin of ickle bean and staring at my scan pic.

Keep it up it gets easier Promise Wink

AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
its been bout 15 weeks for me now and oh we were just saying today how much we would love to go and have a fag but its a no no love having extra money just think of all the lovely baby stuff ya can buy with the money you save keep up the good work it is hard i still want one but i think of baby and know i would never harm her by having a smoke x x
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Everyone

Thanks for your advice and tips! So, it's been a month since I wrote that post and so far I haven't caved....woohoo! I actually don't feel like having one at all at the moment (and haven't done for a few weeks now), so i'm quite proud of myself. If I was going to give in I would have done it before now so I'm hoping that that would have been the last of my craving.....only time will tell eh?

I hope everyone is well!! xx
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject:
Hiya Hun,
i know exactly how you feel, although i cant even stand the smell or taste of smoking now i still miss it in a strange way but i just keep thinking that everytime i have a ciggie its prevents babies blood circulating properly for 15 seconds which could cause growth problems and many others, people dont understand how hard it is to quit smokin until they try it, especially with not substituting it with anything such as inhaler or patches. Just Think of how well you have done so far and dont let yourself down hun hope you stay smoke free! love lucy xxxxxxxxx
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:22 pm 
Post subject: Need to Stop!
Today I booked a scan for a internal on the path to IVF!
I had to lose weight and stop smoking!!!!
Very Hard! I had to get my BMI down from 35 to 30! I have managed to get it down to 29!
But smoking has been really hard!
I have to quit now before my scan else they will turn me away!

Please help!!!!!!!

Claire x
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:35 am 
Post subject:
Hello Hun,
I know exactly how you feel, although i cant even stand the smell or taste of smoking. I had to lose weight and stop smoking!!!! Very Hard! I had to get my BMI down from 25 to 30.Now I left smoking. Thanks for nice advice.
jobloggs
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
Dont give in to it Hun, I gave up 2 years ago and still have cravings now, I have not given in, the only thing that stops me, is thinking if I smoke I might do harm to my bloods, I am waiting to have my pre IVF, FSH level bloods taken in December. If my levels dont come down I wont qualify for the first attempt free.

One tip....walk in other peoples smoke that sometimes help.

Or talk to someone who had just had a cigarette, they smell disgusting.

Or you could buy one of them fake ones, they are rechargable and look real, even blow smoke out.

Good Luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Breaking the habit All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular