constipated 9weeks pregnant

cordia
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:30 pm 
Post subject: constipated 9weeks pregnant
Sad i was wondering is it normal im at the 9weeks pregnant stage and ive not been to the toilet for 4days!! this is causing me to worry as i usually go at least once a day its not causing me any pain ive tried all bran cereal ,fresh orange juice, liquorice and i went to chemist and got some liquid fig syrup which was very unpleasent to take !nether the less none of these has worked yet can not going cause any harm to my baby ?
charmed3
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:24 am 
Post subject: cnstipation
i suffered the same problem at about the same time, and i headed straight to the supermarket and bought a tin of prunes!!! half a tin later and an hour or so i was fine, so now if i go more than 3 days withour going i just eat some prunes (i quite like them) hopefully this will help you. xx
kellie81
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:00 am 
Post subject:
im also 9 weeks and suffering with the same problem..i know how annoying it can be..im not quite sure what to do..ive been doing roughly the same as you x
lucyg
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Constipation!
I have lived with this problem all my life but never has it been so bad as now. I am 13 weeks pregnant. I take senokot laxatives. Probably not supposed to but it is the only thing that helps me. Having said that, they haven't worked today! I know how you feel, it is awful and really affects your life. Good luck. I may try prunes!
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:12 pm 
Post subject:
i saw the doc yesterday for constipation, im 15 wks and have suffered with it for a few weeks now,
he gave me lactose solution to take twice a day...im hoping it works

i suggest you see a dcotor as the dosages are different in pregnancy than they are normally...
when i spoke to the pharmasist a few days before they wouldnt reccomend anything to me, they said i had to see the doctor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular