over 4 grand!

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 pm 
Post subject: over 4 grand!
Hello ladies well some of you might of seen my post in gerenal about debts.
Well i just wondered if any of you are in the same boat as me and are in debts over 4 thousand? Could really do with someone in the same position as me to talk too and find out how you are dealing with it all. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Thankyou Xxx

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
im a grand and a half in debt and have a baby on the way and me trying to afford a house... i know its not quite 4 grand but i know the pressure a small amount if that helps x

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Its just all getting to me so bad!
i was even thinking do i actually wanna be here? thats how much its weighin on me! Crying or Very sad
Xxx

3rdtimeluckyyy
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
aw hun dont think like that... its only money. yu just have to think of way of managing it x

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm 
Post subject:
I owe 6200 as I was over paid income support, happened through a genuine mistake on my part. I felt 100% sure that I had always declared that my ex gave me child maintenance and even requested to see all forms I had ever filled in to prove it however when the forms arrived I hadnt ticked the box. This only came to light in 2007 when I had a standard interview thing at the job centre to make sure all my details were correct , the man asked if I get maintenance and of course I said yes and how much. Thought it was a little strange he was asking me as they already knew but obviously they didnt Sad The debt back then started at 9000 and something and they took it out of my income support each week. Then I met o/h who lost his job so we went on joint jsa and it came out of our money 5 a week. As soon as o/h is working full time (he works p/t at the mo) then they will want a minimum payment of 150 a month which I have no idea how i will afford it Sad Its such a worry.
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
I kno its an awful thought but i thats how low i got i feel a little better now.
Aww that is awful nutty sorry to hear that. Im just happy (not happy but you know what i mean) that someone else is in that amount of debt you dont think straight and think its only you but i hope ya dont mind me speakig to you when i feel low. Its such a weight on you shoulders is unbelievable! Crying or Very sad
I know we will get there some day but that day feels so god damn far away!! Xxx

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
My ex left me in thousands of debt and it took a long time to pay off - years but I did it and then I improved my credit rating. You have to look at it that every penny and every pound paid off is one step closer to being free of it. Not sure what your debt is in but look at the cheapest way to borrow money and change to that ASAP.

Its not worth worrying to the extent you don't want to be here - its only money and worse case even if you lost everything physical you would still have health and your family xx
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I have debts of around 14k. Down from 18k a few years ago. Some is debts from a relationship breakdown, some is from trying to survive when out of work, and the rest is my own stupidity of spending well above my means. I was in the situation where I felt like I couldnt cope anymore, and I took out a debt management plan, but the company messed me about when one debt got transfrred to the collectiond#s department and didnt make payments for about 3 months. So feeling stronger in myself i took it on, and now deal with it myself. I have debts with 3 companies, and only one has not been transferred to a debt collection agency, but I only get a letter of them every 6 months asking to review my payments, the rest I never hear from.

I know its hard and tehy will try and make you feel bad, and try and get loads of money off you, but they cant have what you havn't got. They may threaten to take you to court, but if you are making regular paymnets, no matter how small, they wont, as the majority of the time the court will see that you are making payments and throw it out, and they have to pay court costs, so its not worth them doing it.

If you want to talk, in private feel free to PM me.

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:21 am 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
I owe 6200 as I was over paid income support, happened through a genuine mistake on my part. I felt 100% sure that I had always declared that my ex gave me child maintenance and even requested to see all forms I had ever filled in to prove it however when the forms arrived I hadnt ticked the box. This only came to light in 2007 when I had a standard interview thing at the job centre to make sure all my details were correct , the man asked if I get maintenance and of course I said yes and how much. Thought it was a little strange he was asking me as they already knew but obviously they didnt Sad The debt back then started at 9000 and something and they took it out of my income support each week. Then I met o/h who lost his job so we went on joint jsa and it came out of our money 5 a week. As soon as o/h is working full time (he works p/t at the mo) then they will want a minimum payment of 150 a month which I have no idea how i will afford it Sad Its such a worry.

hey nutty - sorry to hear of this its rubbish Sad but i was just thinkin the rules for income support and maintenance has changed, the amount you receive in maintenance does not effect income support anymore - as they decided it was for the children anyway! can u not for this to be considered? even just to reduce the amount a bit? they mite say no as it was the "rules" back then, but worth asking anyway - not gonna make it any worse!

Gem, sorry u are feeling so crappy honey Sad i dont have any advice or anything as i dont have any debts - well i do kinda, 649 for catalogue coz my mum asked me to buy her a washin machine n she never paid me back, and 1110.10 to Npower which i refuse to pay - as i have always been on a prepayment meter so dont see how i can owe them money!! lol but they dont count coz i refuse to pay them anyway lol xXx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
loolahoop - i had that with scottish power, I was on a prepayment meter, and when i tried to switch suppliers they said i owed them money. I sent a number of letters and they reduced it and I still refused to pay. Eventually someone phoned me and they managed to get it written off. But the reason they gave was that there had been a price increase and my meter hadnt been re-calibrated to charge at the new price! Well i told them its tough s**t, and not my fault that they hadnt changed it.

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 pm 
Post subject:
gembo12344 wrote:
I kno its an awful thought but i thats how low i got i feel a little better now.
Aww that is awful nutty sorry to hear that. Im just happy (not happy but you know what i mean) that someone else is in that amount of debt you dont think straight and think its only you but i hope ya dont mind me speakig to you when i feel low. Its such a weight on you shoulders is unbelievable! Crying or Very sad
I know we will get there some day but that day feels so god damn far away!! Xxx

Course I dont mind you speaking to me about it, it is something that is always in the back of my mind. I long to win just enough on the lotto to pay them back and be free from the worry of it.
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi all, just wanted to post something.

We were in some debt a few years back (our own fault) and we buried our head in the sand. It caused sleepless nights etc. Anyways, I contacted a company and we started an IVA. I know this is now everyones cup of tea and some aren't able to do this, but we are now just over 5 months away from being debt free, after 6 years. It has affected our credit rating but we are already on our way to building that back up with a mobile phone contract.

Anyways, I suppose what I am trying to say is, (and some of you might have done this anyway) if you are worried and it is causing sleepless night, stress etc, go and get some advice. There is CAB, but there are also places - if you search on the net there are other places too.x
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou all so much!! Really dont know what id do without all your advise.
Things were starting to get better now weve been told that my partner has 2 pay council tax!! i dont as im at uni but hes only gettin his stamp paid he isnt actually recievin a penny!! So god only knos how we are going to afford that on top of everything else!!!
I was lower than low the other day im just starting to get back up through the help of my partner but i was just thinking whats point in life? Awful right? Crying or Very sad
We will do what we can and hope to god its enough!
Thankyou all again so much!! You are amazing Xxx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun i was in 6500 in debt, i went to the bank and consolidated my loan, overdraft and credit card. I was paying the bank back, 265 a month for 5 years Shocked. I decided to call my credit union within work, and they offered me 6000 at 158 a month for 5 years.

I decided to clear my debt with the bank as i was paying like 19.5 APR. Now i am at 8% APR with the credit union. I have no debt watsoever with the bank i think they rip u off to the point its offensive lol. I have 3 years left to pay of my loan and thankfully will be debt free.

So why dont u think about consolidating ur debts into one payment a month

Good luck i hope u get it sorted.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular