is it safe to ttc if i have a yeast infection

milly6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 pm 
Post subject: is it safe to ttc if i have a yeast infection
i have just got my first thrush infection, i am using canesten combi to treat it, the thing is i am due to ovulate over the next few days, is it safe to do so.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
I don't think it would be unsafe as such but could well be uncomfortable and the canesten cream/pessary probably isn't sperm friendly . FX it clears up before then for you x
milly6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:29 pm 
Post subject: treating thrush and ttc
thanks nat 70..i can live with the discomfort of ttc, however would cream or pressary harm sperm or have harmful side effects for baby if i was to fall pregnant. has anyone gotten pregant while treating thrush
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Canesten is prescibed to treat thrush in pregnancy so I can't see it being harmful to a pregnancy, might not do sperm any favours though, you could always stop using it for a couple of days while ov'ing . If you have the pessary then thats probably best avoided while ttc as it ends up right next to your cervix x
milly6
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
too much conusion around it nat, don't want to be taking unnecessary risks. think ill just have to wait until next cyle. very disappointing. thanks for your help,
casandra
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:13 am 
Post subject: Re: is it safe to ttc if i have a yeast infection
treat the infection first. hope you have time to visit this one www.naturalstresstherapy.com.au
hannahthompson
Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 am 
Post subject:
I am a good old fashioned Irish girl. I have never even tried to get pregnant and yet have four fabulous children but I will tell you this: now that I am 31, it took three months to deliberately conceive where before it was a one shot wonder. They now are starting to recommend you start trying by the time you are thirty, not thirty-five like in years past. I'm not saying it was that doctor's place to make comments like that, in that manner, but I believe he had a point even if he should learn when to use it.[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Waiting to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular