chances of falling pregnant 3 days before ovulation??

girl03
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am 
Post subject: chances of falling pregnant 3 days before ovulation??
hi all
i had my last af 25/12/2010, then bleed 3 weeks later 14/01/2011 which was very light bleed hardly enough for pad. just checking on my ovualtion calender and it says my best fertile time would be from the 24th to the 28th of jan. i had unprotected sex on the 20th late at night, would i still be at chance of getting pregnant by having sex 3 days before ovualtion started? my cm was egw on the 24th and 25th. i normaly have a cycle of 28 days. should be due on 10th of feb. only signs iv had is little niggles of cramps in uterus like period pain but not so intense and dont last long (little stabbin pains), which i understand could be af and blood pressure had been up all last week which led to me being observed by my gp but been fine this week. and also my breasts are sore and keep getting stabbing pains under arm. all advice would be much gratefull.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Are you sure the bleed around 14th was actually an AF ?
I only ask as I sometimes get ewcm again just before AF is due which would tie in with you getting it 24/25th of jan , could the bleed you had have perhaps been implantation bleeding or is there no chance you could have been pregnant then?
( I was just thinking if your normal cycle length is 28 days then a bleed 3 weeks after your AF would be about 7 days after ov and would fit with being implantation )
To answer your original question yes you could get pregnant from sex four days before you ov'd as sperm can live up to 7 days under the right conditions , but you probably wouldn't get a reliable result if you tested until 12-14 days after you think you ov'd x
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with Nat. you should maybe firstly check if you not already pregnant. Or you could possibly be now. Best wishes and good luckxx
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun thanks for the reply, i also thought maybe the bleeding i had was also implantation bleeding as it wasnt my normal flow period was hardly any thing only needed 1 pad for 1 day and hardly any thing on there, but i have tested number of times since 25th of decmeber up untill yest and still all coming neg, this is why i ruled out that bleeding could have been implantation bleeding, surely if i was pregnant from 25th of decmeber on wards to now a test would show wouldnt it? iv tried first response, clear blue digitial etc and were all showing neg. so iv just put it to back of my mind that i must have had a early period.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
Ye, chances are you would have got a positive result by now ,although very rarely some women never get positives on HPT's and have to get bloods done to confirm pregnancy ( I think it really is very very rare though ) I'm due same day as you 10th Feb and have sore boobs and a few periody type pains now and again , but nothing else , I suppose we'll both have to wait a bit longer to find out, FX you get the result you want x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular