Travel System - Bad Luck?

mac88
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:14 pm 
Post subject: Travel System - Bad Luck?
Hi everyone!

I'm not normally the superstitious type but is it really bad luck to store your pram in your house before the baby is born? Embarassed

I can't imagine if something went wrong I would say, oh no its becuase of the pram?

I've only got 5 weeks to go and we got our travel system yesterday, so so excited and want to keep it here to play with Very Happy

What did everyone else do?

Smile
EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
We bought our travel system when I was about 30 weeks and we are fine Very Happy Wink x

MrsMB
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:20 pm 
Post subject:
I got mine when I was 22ish weeks pregnant because I saw a good deal! I kept it in the house and used to play with it all the time hehe! I wouldn't worry hun, it's everyones personal choice but I can't see what harm it can do xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
I've always got mine, after all you have everything else so I didn't see any difference with the pram. I'm not superstitious at all though . I'd say go with whatever you feel comfortable with x
ggmarch
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
With my first I got pram when I was about 32 weeks, kept it in back porch, Obviously with second it was already in the house as I was still using it with first (poor boy had really bad deal, had to get out of pram for new baby and out of bed too), this time I got my system at 28 weeks. The carry cot is in the house, everything else is in the garage all wrapped up (along with all the boxes in case there is a problem either with pram or baby). I had it all out yesterday though and practiced putting car seat in car and checked to see if pram would fit in car (everything does apart from carry cot).
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
my mums convinced me its bad luck but im not usually superstitous! due in 19 days but pram still at my mums house!! dying to have a go with it but will wait till baby is here cos my mums put the frighteners up me x

mac88
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks everyone, feel more re-assured now and can sit and play with it for 5 weeks now, hee hee Very Happy xxxxx
lalena
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:16 pm 
Post subject:
i bought ours at argos after my waters broke after being checked over at the hospital Laughing that wasnt a deliberate luck thing though, just that the system was on sale, but didnt get money until the day after sale ended, so i reserved it online and still got it at sale price Very Happy
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
its generally said that its bad luck before a certain gestation im thinking 5 weeks before due date is fine lol
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
kez1985
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 am 
Post subject:
I couldn't resist playing with Brookes pram so I brought mine home, I even took it up and down the road I was so excited lol - Brooke had been born about 10 weeks but was still in NNU at the time.

Tex
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
its just an old wives tale, i've heard loads of people say this but i know loads who had the pram etc at home well in advance and nothing bad happened to them. you never know when your going to go into labour so gotta be prepared. i'm getting mine from my mums next weeks but it is only there as its my neices old pram and mum has been cleaning it all up for me!

my MIL however, thinks i'm mad cos we've bought everything and have done thenursery, she reckons i should not have bought anything till baby was born.... saying that she is a bad crank and just being awkward cos she not got to buy anything!!!
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 pm 
Post subject:
Tex wrote:
its just an old wives tale, i've heard loads of people say this but i know loads who had the pram etc at home well in advance and nothing bad happened to them. you never know when your going to go into labour so gotta be prepared. i'm getting mine from my mums next weeks but it is only there as its my neices old pram and mum has been cleaning it all up for me!

my MIL however, thinks i'm mad cos we've bought everything and have done thenursery, she reckons i should not have bought anything till baby was born.... saying that she is a bad crank and just being awkward cos she not got to buy anything!!!

Blimey I couldn't wait that long, I got too excited and started buying things months ago Smile

Have kept the pram at home in the end and keep playing with it - well practice does make perfect Very Happy xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular