I think girls shouldn't take oral contraceptive Pills cuz...

BitterBite
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 am 
Post subject: I think girls shouldn't take oral contraceptive Pills cuz...
Hi everyone. Smile
New here , have been reading few posts.
I persoannly believe that oral pills should be avoided as it disturbes your reproductive system.I 3 years back was told to take pills inorder to prevent preganancy as I was going to get married.I didn't like the idea.I refused. I'm glad that I did. We did precautions by condoms, I think that is much easier and gives you a sense of security that you are not disturbing your hormoes and all that.
Soon after 6 months when we got married,we planned to have a baby and just trying for 1 month I got pregnant. And now my son is abt 20 mths old. We didn't plan this time but I have a sense of feeling that I might be pregnant but waiting till the end of this month to get the result.

All I wanted to say is that its better not to take pills, if I'll ever have a daughter, I would never advice her to take the pills.I have seen my friends suffering from taking pills as the cycle take a huge time to get normal. Our bodies are belssing from God, we are designed in such as way...we shouldn't disturb them.Well, its my opinion. I wanted to share with you all , hopefully some one might agree with me and heed the advice.I know I'm not a doctor but personally observing I feel pills should be avoided,

I wish you all the best who are willing to hold bundle of joy in thier arms
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, im not mocking your comment as you obviously think its worked best for you not to have taken contreceptive pills but i just wanted to say that i was on the pill for 6 years and when me and my partner decided to try for a baby, i got pregnant straight away!

I think it has alot to do with your own body, as we are all totaly different and wether you take the pill, have an implant, injection or wateva it probably doesnt make any difference to your fertility at all.

Just adding my opinion, hope i dont affend you xxxx
BitterBite
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:18 pm 
Post subject:

[/quote]Just adding my opinion, hope i dont affend you xxxx[/quote]
No of course not, I'm not offended at all Smile as I also have said " its just my opinion" in my post. Smile I couldn't have said this but the majority casesI have read over the different preganacy boards over the net, and my own best friends suffered the consequences tells me that by taking pills you kind a ' disturb the natural rythm of your body...and getting it back takes time, sometimes more other medications are given to get it back on track so why so pain in taking pills? Well again just MY opinion. Smile

God Bless
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 pm 
Post subject:
i was actually caught pregnant while on the pill with my first...i went back onto a different pill after she was born .... i came off the pill 12 years later and got caught within the first cycle, so it is different for everyone.

some women have a sensitivity to the latex in condoms and cant use them, also i will advise my daughter when she grows up to use the pill as accidents happen and she can rest assured that she is preventing an unwanted pregnancy.
mrswolfbane
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
personally i think it depends on the type of pill ur taking theres single hormone ones and the ones with 2 hormones in,
i could only take a single hormone pill that then allowed em to have the implant in that last 3 years a small rod in the arm u can forget about for 3 years.
the only problem with an implant is the risk of getting pregnant increases after the 2nd year and since i already know im highly fertile in the kind of person that seems to only have to think about pregnancy to become pregnant lol it was good to know i cud take the pill aswell as the implant to keep my mind at ease.
the way this pregnancy seems to have worked is i was pregnant before i had the implant taken out on septenber 21st im 17 weeks 2 days now so im not sure if thats right.
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
i was on the pill 8 years and had no probs concieving 3 babies as soon as i came off it. my friends havent even. only probs i have heard of is the injection. me personally when i have a sexually active doctor i will be encouraging her to use both the pill to prevent pregnancy and condoms to stop deseases spreading. i would never use just condoms unless it didnt bother me getting pregnant, i just feel if theyre not used properly or u get really excited for example there might not be time to find a condom and then by the time its on the whole rush has disappeared. hope that makes sense!
cardea
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:36 pm 
Post subject: The pill
Reading between the lines, i know you are saying it is 'your opinion', but i can't help but feel that your opinion is comming from your own personal religious views ?!!!???
Yes, IDEALLY your body should be going with the flow with its own natural rhythms with regards to cycles and reproduction, sometimes the body does not follow this rule though. I suffer from severe endometriosis and although i am pregnant now, i am paralysed with pain 2 weeks out of every month. This has been going one since i was 13 and i am now 29.I took the pill to help me cope with the pain of this unnatural event and unnatural pain. I know you said it is your opinion, but i think you need to be careful in not offending anyone who has been advised to take the pill as a last resort for medical reasons - not just in interfere with biological ones and prevent pregnancy. Confused
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:52 pm 
Post subject:
I couldnt have said it better myself!
dawn x
missanimal
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
It is completely up to the individual if they choose to take pills or not and no one should have any right to judge them on their actions!
Why you felt the need to vent your anti-pill campaign, I dont know.
Safe sex is very very important, condoms are obviously the best method (apart from no sex!) but having the back up of the pill to protect against pregnancy is also good.
I took the pill for 3 years and became pregnant within only a few weeks of stopping taking it. I felt fine the whole time I was on it, and am not suffering now because of it either!
misslil
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:26 pm 
Post subject:
I too think it is a personal choice. The negative side of the pill has been pointed out, but what about the positives? I personally will carry on take the Pill after my baby is born as there has been lots of research to indicate that it can help cut the risk of ovarian cancer by a significant percentage, and as my family has a high risk of this anyway, every little helps!

Also to comment on falling pregnant, with both of my pregnancies I stopped taking the pill and fell pregnant first time, so it is not always the case that the pill can put your body 'out of sync', as with everything every person and their bodies are different, it's not a case of 'one size fits all'!
wagamama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 pm 
Post subject:
Just giving my story - i have a medical background. Before my 1st pregnancy i had a mirena in and got pregnant the 1st time we tried after it was removed.
Went on yasmin - could not concieve for 8 mths. So I did research heard about vitamin b6 correcting your cycle after the pill (my cycles went from 24 - 36days). Within 1 mth of taking vit b6 I was pregnant. A friend of mine same problem I told her about the vitamin b6 and she got pregnant the same time after 1 yr trying and a miscarriage. This is just my opinion so take with a pinch of salt but i will never take the pill again. I realise more than likely maybe that brand was just not suited to me but for a genuine fact I know 4 other girls I work with all were on the pill and cant concieve.They are in their early 30s
The pill is definately effective its easy to take - there are many advantages, but I think its maybe best suited when you are younger and it maybe doesnt effect your chances of concieving as much. (Iam 33) Each to their own at the end of the day but just wanted to share what my experience was.
Marien
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. I had to take the pill from age 16 for medical reasons (like Cardea) and I stopped in November 2007. I am 33 and conceived in December. I think it doesn't affect fertility but that's MY opinion. None of my friends who were on it for years had any problems either.

I am religious too but I don't for one second think God would have a problem with people trying to help themselves and I don't believe that it is right to judge people for making choices that suit them best. I think if you ARE religious it is best to be open-minded with it and not judge, just because you have beliefs doesn't make you perfect or give you the right to make people feel bad about their choices. But as I said, that's just MY opinion. Smile
cardea
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject: Marien
I could'nt have said it better myself ! Nothing worse than someone who is so tied up in their own views that they do not see the WHOLE picture ! Cardea X

Ps Good luck with your pregnancy X
Marien
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Cardea Very Happy . Good Luck with what's left of yours too! Very Happy I've read some of your other posts and wish you luck and joy with the birth! Look forward to reading more from you, all the best, Marien xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmmm Confused Some of the comments made in the initial posting may only be your opinion and seem harmless to you but even if it's only innocent opinion it can still upset people. Espesh us delicately hormonally balanced preggers variety!!!

I was on the injection for 5 years for a mixture of reasons and was told it would take me around 12 months-2 years to regain a normal cycle. I had my last injection a month after getting married in July 06 and had a normal cycle by Jan 07. Fell pregnant first try in Oct 07 after planning the pregnancy and very chuffed. Maybe I was lucky but I think that it's personal choice and not as simple as saying 'people shouldn't do it'. Maybe wasn't the best topic choice in this day and age! If my bubba is a girl I will certainly be letting her make her own informed choices and support her as much as I can in whatever she chooses.

Hugs to all your bumps big or little!
Claire xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular