Chances of Conception

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:54 pm 
Post subject: Chances of Conception
Hi girls

What did your docs say your chances of conceiving were now you just have the one tube? The first consultant I spoke to (who was a bit of a turd to be honest) said I have a 70% chance of becoming pregnant within a year and another consultant said that my chances are the same as with two tubes as the other tube picks up the slack. Now a lady on here has said only a 5% reduction in fertility but I have also heard its a 50% reduction. The Baby Centre states there is a 65% chance of becoming preggers within 18 months. I know we are all different but OMG is there actually a clear answer to this one?

As I already have Oliver I am hoping that he was conceived using my one good tube and that I will go on to have another lo so he has a sibling.

Terri xx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Smile I think a 5% reduction is right, as the tube can and does pick up the egg from either ovary..x
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
chellebabe
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I have been on a website called justanswer.com a few weeks ago & asked a gyno some questions regarding eptopics, tube removal & ovulation... he answered saying the chances have decreased from 20-25% per month of concieving to 10-15% per month compared with someone who has both tubes!!
Try to look my question up on there and the answers I got... u may find it helpful... cost me 17 but worth it, I felt x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 am 
Post subject:
My consultant didn't give me numbers but just said it hardly makes any difference and seemed confident that your tube can pick up an egg from either ovary , even though my remaining tubes only 6cms instead of 10 , ( I didn't have an ectopic I had a damaged tube removed when I had a reversal )I have beeen ttc for 6 months now with no luck but I am 41 so that probably makes a difference , Good luck x
xLOUISEx
Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun, it make's no difference what so ever, as ware b4 the ectopic your ovary's would take turns in releasing an egg from month to month, ware as now the remaining ovary releases an egg every month to make up for the other one, i had an ectopic in 2003 and have been pregnant 8 times since, i sadly lost 5 of those but i have had 2 beautiful girls and am expecting another, so good luck conceiving hun and im sure it wont be long, i think i actually conceived the first time after the ectopic as soon as 5 months xxx
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Smile thanks hun xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 am 
Post subject:
She hasn't actually lost an ovary though Louise , most women don't have their ovary removed if they lose a tube , I know I have definately still got two, and they don't take turns as such it's just whichever individual egg follicle is the largest that actually makes it to the point of being released and that could be the same side every month for six months in a row or it could be alternate side each month it's just down to chance , but women tend to have a dominant side when it comes to ov and will tend to ovulate slightly more on one side than another . Of course if you do lose an ovary then the other should ovulate every month because a follicle from that side will always be the biggest one as it has no competition so to speak . Either tube can pick up an egg from either ovary though so it shouldn't make too much difference , it certainly doesn't mean that if you ov from the side with no tube you can't conceive that month, but it may be a slight disadvantage because your uterus encourages more sperm towards the side you released the egg from even if there's no tube there anymore , as I discovered after watching the great sperm race Confused so maybe Ladies with only one tube need to BD more to balance this out Question or maybe lie on the side with the tube after BD in the hope gravity will help Question x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Ectopic Pregnancy and TTC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular