Focal seizures

jules36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:58 pm 
Post subject: Focal seizures
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who's lo has Focal seizures and if so which medication has been prescribed? Thomas has been having seizure's from about 1 month old which steadily got worse. He was admitted to the local hospital and after 2wks and so many tests they told us it was focal epilepsy. He was put on Carbamazepine (tegretol) which has worked apart from he has had an allergic reaction to it. They are now trying out Sodium Valporate and was wondering if anyone else has any information on Sodium Valprorate?

Many thanks
Jules x

p.s I have also posted this in the Childrens health thread, wasn't sure which too put it in?
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
My big one has sodium valporate for abscence seizures. He was on an increasing dose and it didnt really stop until he had been on full dose for a month. It can cause weight gain and some alterations in character. But so far we have had no problems and no further episodes for nearly 4 months, compared to more than a dozen a day.
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, I'm a little worried as he is so little. He was having up to 20 seizures a day but the Tegretol helped it's just he had a reaction to it, thats why were now changing on to the Sodium Valproate. x x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular