CHARTING BBT

nlt
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:45 pm 
Post subject: CHARTING BBT
Hi all, am just starting to chart my BBT, does anyone know if it is best to do it
in Fahrenheit or celsius?

Thanks all
tracehopes
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, i chart my BBT in celsius only because thats how my thermometer reads it, i dont think that it really matters. Good luck xxxxx
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:34 am 
Post subject: BBT
hey Ladies! I'm charting my bbt aswell do we have to do it all month or just up until ovulation?? and are we looking for a drop in temp then a rise indicating ovulation? im so confused Question I've also read its not a very reliable method and sure enough this month i got ovulation pains after the dates it said i'd be ovulating so we'v been bd'ing everyday just incase lol! are you guys using ovulation kits as well? sticky baby dust to you!xxxxxx
tracehopes
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, you take your temp all the way through your cycle, i use fertility friend, put in my temps and it tells me when i ov'd xx
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm 
Post subject:
I chart in Fahrenheit as I find it more accurate but lots of people test in Celsius , I don't think it really matters Nit
Starshaped you need to chart all cycle, some women have a slight drop in temp just as they're about to ov, but others don't notice it, I think the problem with temping is you only do it once in the morning and if something happens in the afternoon you don't see the effects from that until the next day. Your temp should rise after ov sometimes the next day but again it can be two to three days even before it happens depending on your progesterone levels , the problemis it only shows that you did ov' so while it's good for confirming ovulation and letting you know when to expect AF it's not so good for telling you you're at your most fertile and for planning BD. I think opk's are better for that , I've been using them for a while now and I've just got a clear blue fertility monitor which picks up on the Oestrogen rise that happens even before the LH surge so it can tell you a couple of days before you ov so you can start BD'ing .
There's a lot of margin for error in BBT charting as well as lots of things can affect your temps like illness, drinking alcohol, poor sleep etc x
starshaped
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:02 am 
Post subject:
helloooo, thanks tracehopes and Nat70 for the info, I think I'll scrap the bbt chart tbh as I haven't found it to be very effective, more confusing if anything so if i dont get my BFP on 28th i'll use a opk kit for next month. I normally have around a 32 day cycle but last month it was randomly 39 Shocked so do you think its best I wait untill after 39 days before i test rather than the 32? (please say no as the suspence is killllling meeee) Laughing how long have you both been ttc then? and is it your 1rst? Love n baby dust to all mwah! xxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular