i need help

shamayla
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:53 pm 
Post subject: i need help
i am 39 weeks pregnant ,, haven't gone into labour,, waters have not broken,, carryin a bigger baby then other women,, ,, wat is goin to happen,, i am showin no signs of labour,, are they goin to operate???? Confused
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:46 am 
Post subject:
I think 10 days after your due date they will induce you if you havent started natually.

I sense your getting abit fed up, hope you are ok xx
stephanieclarke
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:58 am 
Post subject:
dont worry its very common to be late going into labour,i was 2 weeks late with my first and like you extremely large,my baby was born 9lb3!!!but very healthy....
i had my waters break on a sunday night,trip up to hospital and then they say if labour doesnt progress its self they would induce me the next day
they wont let you go anymore than 2 weeks overdue and if baby is in the right place remember it could be anytime,so try and enjoy the peace in the meantime wont be very long untill you are being woken up every 2 or so hours....

why not ask your midwife about a stech and sweep,i had 2 of those and reflexology which was really good.
jayellejay
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:20 am 
Post subject:
where im from the wait until day 14 to induce you, my son was eventually born 15 days after my due date at 8lb 8oz although i wasnt induced contrctions started a couple of days before hand but the little mite was so comfortable didnt want to come out!

I would suggest making a list of something to do each day from now even if its just something like bake a cake, that way you have something to try and keep your mind occupied and also you can cross off the things each day as you do them and youll be one day closer to meeting your baby!

good luck xxx
d2008
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya Shamayla,
please try not to worry, this is my forth go, the first was nine days late , second was seven days and even the twins were unwilling at six days early, (induced) due to their size and my latest is now five days over, (can't you tell they are all boys) and weighing in at 8lb10, 7lb10 and the twins were 7lb 1 and the other 6lb13
i know its easier said than done but
use this time for yourself take long hot bubble baths, read something good or just veg out, you won't have the time when the littlen arrives
Smile if you find yourself staring at your bump periods of time try to arrange lunch out with a friend or member of the family, it does help to pass the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular