Nursery fees

mlfg
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Post subject: Nursery fees
Hi,

Can anyone let me know how much their nursery fees are. My partner and i are trying to work out if i'd be better to go back to work or be a stay at home Mum. I don't want to go back to work just to pay for a nursery. My employer doesn't do vouchers. I know we can apply for CTC but i suspect there would be a shortfall that we'd have to pay. I'm sure everywhere may charge differently but a rough idea would be great.

Do nurseries open during school hoildays too?
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
i have a 4 years old and a 1 year old.

for my 1 year old because she is a baby i pay 22 for a morning session thats anywhere from 7-12.30 includes breakfast snack and lunch and for my 4 year old i get discount for 2nd sibling so i pay 18 a morning. but on mondays and fridays i only pay 5.85 for her as they just drop her off at nursery school for me.

the nursery my children go to is open in the holidays.

there are just closed bank holidays and the week of xmas but i get that off with work anyway.

tax credits giv me 70% of the nursery feees and i have to pay the rest.

i get paid 528 a month and I see about 305 of that.

before they went to nursery i was just at home as i was made redundant and it works out that now working i am 200 a month better off in work than at home. i no its not a lot but its something and i enjoy a break at work and kids enjoy nursery.

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. I often think either me or my oh should stay at home. I earn more so would be extremely difficult for me. My childminder costs me 125 a week for my 7 month old. I pay nursery 90 a week for morning sessions for my 3 year old. So 215 in total. I get 300 tax credits every 4 weeks. Its not much but helps. My oh pays the rest and i pay for all our household bills.
You can go on line and do a tax credit calculator and put in what your wage may be and see what it comes up with.

Katiesmummy
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
Kates attend nursery 9.30 til 3.30 as i work 10am til 3pm daily, the nursery is open 51 weeks of the year so its about 630pcm. its alot but compared to other nurseries the best i could find for my hours were over 1000 a month so im blessed that this nursery is so cost effective. tax credits pay 70% i think. I love the break and i know that in a couple of years it will get better as the gov covers 20hours a week to be honest i would then use a local childminder and she can go to our local school nursery. will be so much more better off then and once shes at full time school should be laughing..

and if you believe that you'll believe anything lol!
sooooooo fed up with being skint..xx
Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 am 
Post subject:
I have my daughter in full time nursery 8-5.30. They provide snacks and lunch. I only have to supply nappies. i am 712 pcm. I get around 80-90% of that covered because i am a single mum. if i didnt get all that i would have to consider leaving my full time job.

Kimberly x
LuckyMummy2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
Don't forget that as long as both you and your partner work 16 hours each, you'll be entitled to up to 70% of the costs paid.

Henry goes to nursery just one morning a week at the moment, and it's 24 for the session, but we only actually pay about 7 out of our own pocket Smile
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Im actually thinking bout taking mine out of nursery as its costing me 225 a month. So if i change shifts dh cud hav kids and wud save 2700 a year.

mum2JJnMnA
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Laura, just wondering did you work out yourself that you get the 70%? I worked mine out and it turns out i only get 34% and in September when my little girl start school they will then drop it to 24%. I know they say up to 70% but it depends on how much annual income there is.
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
I just thort i gt 70%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Finances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular