trying

littlexminx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:37 pm 
Post subject: trying
hi every 1 im new to all this,could u help answer my question plz,i had my last period on the 31st of december 07,they last 4 29 days,so thatt made my 1st fertile day on the 12th jan i had sex on the 12th and 13th jan but we dont have sex often,and my partner drinks quiet abit and smokes coule the be a chance i could get pregnant on these days
dollychops2
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i would think there is a chance definatly, especially if you were unprotected both times.

I dont think the smoking and drinking really affects conceiving unless its the women that does alot of it.

Good luck xx Very Happy
Popps
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
HI,

Yes there is every chance you could concieve on these dates. I have heard that if you are trying to conceive then you should try and cut out the drink and also smoking as well as many other things. Diet plays a big part in the production of sperm. My partner was told to cut out caffeine, not have hot baths and not wear tight pants or trousers coz this can affect sperm.
I wish you luck and let us know how you get on.
Lindzi
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
maybe he should cut back on heavy drinking now before u get pregnant e.t.c
Kamikahzie
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi
I'm new to this.
I've recently started trying for a baby with my partner. I was on the depo injection for about 2 yrs then went on the pill, the pill I was on had the same hormone as the depo. I've just had my first period and I'm a little nervous at how long it could take for me to get pregnant. I've had other problems which my affect my fertility...... any suggestions as to what could help me to conceive?? I lready take multi-vitimins and folic acid as well as evening primrose oil.
Moley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
i think its just down to nature - we started ttc last month - I had a period 16th Jan so due on again next week - I tested my ovulation dates and made sure we had sex then - so Im hoping its worked ! good luck to you both too
Marien
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:23 pm 
Post subject: About Sperm and sex BEFORE Ovulation
Your partner's/husband's "little soldiers" can survive for 3-7 days apparently! (I did a LOT of research about this before we began trying.) I found out that because sperm survive for a few days it is VERY important to have sex a few days before you ovulate to maximise the chances of there being sperm in the right place when the egg is released (eggs usually live about 24 hours & sometimes a little longer). So if you ovulate on the 14 Feb for example, it is advisable to have sex maybe 2 or 3 days before as well as on the day you ovulate, as this can increase your chances of conception.

Even more important (but hard to do when you are desperate for a baby) is to relax, enjoy it and don't stress out. Very Happy

Feel free to ask me other questions about this and I will tell you as much as I can. Good luck and may the "little soldiers" do their work for you! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular